The Program Management Office (PMO) Consultant will assist program and project management efforts in support of a systems modernization effort. The PMO Consultant will assess the current state of the organization's PMO strategies, processes, and tools to identify opportunities for improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience with strategic planning, business process improvement, stakeholder engagement, communications, training, and meeting facilitation. Must have Federal SDLC Experience in an Agile environment. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise and recommendations related to PMO strategy and best practices.
- Work closely with project teams to design, document, implement, and socialize the PMO governance structure, processes, and workflows.
- Work with project teams to complete project documentation, ensuring alignment with PMO standards.
- Track, monitor, and update the status of deliverables, issues, risks, action items, and decisions.
- Develop, update, and deliver reports, action item trackers, dashboards, and routine communications to meet the needs of program stakeholders and support decision making.
- Document PMO processes and develop supplemental templates, checklists, and other tools.
- Help identify success criteria and metrics to measure compliance and alignment with PMO goals.
- Assist development of presentations and talking points for leadership briefings.
- Provide guidance and develop and deliver training on PMO standards and requirements.
- Support stakeholder analysis and engagement.
- Support organizational change management and communication efforts, as needed.
- Develop high-quality, error-free communication products, including but not limited to email messages, web content, fact sheets, plans, processes, presentations, and reports.
- Provide meeting support, including meeting planning, material development (for example, agendas and readaheads), printing, facilitation, and notetaking.
- Maintain a central repository of deliverables, meeting minutes, and other artifacts.
Must be US Citizen and Clearable
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP or CAPM preferred
- Agile certification preferred
- Strong professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong consultative, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership and influence
- Ability to proactively influence strategic decision making and direction
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Ability to generate detailed status reports for completed tasks
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related field
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required
- Experience providing PMO and communications support
- Experience working in an Agile or software/systems development environment within the federal sector
- HHS FDA EPLC experience preferred
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships with diverse and executive-level clients