Staff Cost Accountant will work with the Director of Accounting and Finance to support the accounting functions of the Company. The ideal candidate has prior work history in Government contracting or a related field. In addition to being well versed in job cost accounting, The Staff Cost Accountant has comprehensive understating of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), possesses extreme attention to detail, and excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Key duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Extensive use of PROCAS Accounting, Timekeeping, and Expense Reporting Software for Government Contractors and Excel for all functions within the Accounting and Finance Department
- Create and submit contract invoices into Wide Area Workflow and other government submission platforms
- Monitor open invoices and facilitate collections through communication with payment offices to maximize positive cash flow
- Validation and initial entry of accounts payable for various contracts, task orders, and general operations of The Company
- Assist with monthly closing of the books to include reconciliation of all accounts (bank, payroll, credit cards, etc.), amortization of prepaid expenses, depreciation of fixed assets, posting all revenue and expenses, and other related as directed
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to include Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Profit & Loss by Contract, and various others
- Provide support for quarterly, annual, and periodic audit requirements
- Analyze project costs/expenses for compliance with the contractual requirements and Government regulations
- Review Requests for Proposals (RFP) and proposal documents for compliance to customers' specifications/requirements and adherence to company policy
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and support cost proposals to government and commercial customers
- Review and maintain current subcontractor insurance certificates, contracts, files and all pertinent information
- Maintain effective communication within the workplace as well as with clients, outside vendors, subcontractors and government agencies
- Serve as back up for HR/Payroll and Office Manager
- Support special projects as requested
- Other administrative and analyst duties as assigned
Must be US Citizen and clearable.
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- CPA or Candidate preferred
- Ability to use automated financial software, electronic timekeeping and project planning software and database analytics tools. Familiarity with PROCAS Accounting, Timekeeping, and Expense Reporting for Government Contractors is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must have excellent analytical skills with a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Hands-on experience with project reporting on various contract types (Fixed Price, Time & Material, Cost Plus), knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting, accounting and financial analysis, and project management.
- Experience in defense contracting and documentation requirements (DCAA, FAR, DFARS)
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Must perform in a fast-paced environment where priorities and assignments change quickly
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be well organized and possess excellent time management skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in government contracting or related industry in accounting
Strategic Resolution Experts, Inc.