The Organizational Change Management (OCM) & Communications Consultant will develop and implement effective change management and communication strategies to support a systems modernization effort. The Consultant will assess the current state of the organization's change management strategies, processes, and tools to identify opportunities for improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience with strategic planning; business process improvement; stakeholder engagement and communications; user experience and technology adoption; and, meeting facilitation. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Organizational Change Management and User Adoption
• Provide thought leadership, expertise, and recommendations related to OCM strategy.
• Perform readiness assessments to understand and document the current state.
• Conduct focus groups and interviews to identify stakeholder needs.
• Design and administer surveys and data calls, as needed, to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Work with key stakeholders and leaders to determine the desired future state vision.
• Conduct a gap analysis to identify variances between the current state and the ideal future state.
• Support user analysis, which may include developing personas, customer journey maps, or use cases to support change management, communication, and training.
• Design, develop, and implement strategies to increase awareness of the agency's programs, manage resistance, facilitate stakeholder engagement, enhance the user experience, enable technology adoption, and drive behavior changes.
• Provide meeting support, including meeting planning, material development (for example, process agendas and read aheads), printing, facilitation, and notetaking.
Communication Strategy and Implementation
• Support federal health clients in the development and implementation of innovative strategic communications, outreach programs, and initiatives designed to engage leaders, employees, and external stakeholders proactively.
• Work with clients to identify communications objectives and goals, identify target audiences, and create key messages.
• Develop communications strategies and tactics for all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
• Lead the development of communication products such as briefings, creating talking points, and writing articles or newsletters to convey complex information in a clear, simple manner. Implement communications plans, evaluate, and refine, as needed.
• Develop high-quality, error-free communication products, including but not limited to email messages, web content, fact sheets, white papers, plans, processes, presentations, charts, diagrams, mockups, and reports.
• Develop presentations and talking points for leadership briefings.
• Maintain consistent branding and messaging across all communications.
Must be US Citizen and Clearable
• Master's Degree
• PMP AND Change Management Certification Required (for example, Prosci certification)
• Strong professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong consultative, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
• Ability to provide thought leadership and influence.
• Ability to proactively influence strategic decision making and direction.
• Demonstrated writing and presentation skills.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Ability to generate detailed status reports for completed tasks.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
• A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required
• Experience providing OCM and communication support for technology initiatives
• Ability to coordinate and build relationships with diverse and executive-level clients
• Knowledge of communications planning and implementation
• Experience with writing professional communication products including, talking points, newsletter articles, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, articles, e-mails to staff, and other products. as needed
• Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team-based, project environment
• Ability to lead tasks