Are you a Data Systems Engineer who enjoys puzzle solving and solution oriented details? Are you charged by designing, maintaining and implementing database systems?
At the United Way of Southeastern Michigan these will be just a few of the key focuses. Responsibilities will also include establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system and working with support vendors. The DSE acts an integral member of the IT team to assist with user support, IT planning and system maintenance.
- Collaborate with business teams and end users to define report requirements and data structures that address business needs
- Create stored procedures, views, and SSIS/SQL jobs to help access and update data
- Ensure data quality and accuracy - detect data/analytics quality issues, troubleshoot to root cause and implement fixes; implement data audit tooling to prevent/capture/resolve such issues
- Support and evaluate data analytics initiatives, explore and recommend potential solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers, Engineering or Math preferred, but equivalent education/experience accepted
- Extensive experience working with integrated data environments (e.g. Microsoft CRM and Blackbaud Financial Edge)
- Proficient with SQL Server 2016 (SMS, SSRS, SSIS, etc.), Power BI, SharePoint, Power Automate, and Azure
- SQL development, optimization, and troubleshooting skills (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, etc.)
- Understanding of database concepts, architecture, features and practices
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is a collegial workplace whose mission is to partner to more effectively achieve equity, diversity and inclusion.
Strategic Recruiting Services on behalf of the United Way of South Eastern Michigan
Why Work Here?United Way for Southeastern Michigan is located in Detroit, MI. We are one of the 1,200 local United Way offices throughout the country in a coalition of charitable organizations to pool efforts in fundraising and support. Our mission is to mobilize the caring power of Detroit and Southeastern Michigan to improve communities and individual lives in measurable and lasting ways. www.unitedwaysem.org United Way for Southeastern Michigan is a collegial workplace whose mission is to partner to more effectively achieve equity, diversity and inclusion.
Impact lives by building relationships