Minister to those walking through grief.
SEEKING A PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Primary responsibilities include directing New Hope’s grief workshops, seminars, family programming, and onsite support; overseeing volunteer-led peer support groups, program development and evaluation, volunteer coordination and training, early grief intervention, and crisis outreach. Potential opportunity to work virtually. The Program Director staff position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director. This is a salaried position and requires some evening/weekend availability for programs and trainings.
· Ensure consistent, high quality bereavement support programming for adults and children.
· Oversee grief support services.
· Recruit, train, and manage key volunteers for workshops, seminars, and peer support groups.
· Document and report on program outputs, outcomes and impact stories.
· Assist Executive Director with program scheduling, content and curriculum.
· Provide coaching and training for grief phone calls to staff and volunteers.
· Assist the Executive Director with future program development & evaluation.
· Provide supervision for programming interns as necessary.
· Networking and collaboration with other grief support and social service organizations.
Qualifications and Abilities:
· A solid Christian foundation with demonstrated spiritual and emotional maturity.
· Two years of programming experience working with grieving adults and children.
· Must have a growth mindset and ability to manage program growth and expansion.
· Education: Social services degree is recommended.
· Experience with utilization of logic model in program development and evaluation.
· Demonstrates ability to lead, train, and coordinate volunteers in providing peer-based grief support services.
· Highly organized with demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong level of empathy & compassion; healthy self-care practices and professional boundaries.
· Schedule flexibility with evening and some weekend availability.
· Personal experience with healing after loss is helpful.
Benefits & Compensation:
· Generous PTO plus holidays
**Strategic Recruiting Services has been contracted by New Hope to manage the hiring process for this position**