Join our tier 1 Production Department in the automotive stamping industry. The Quality Engineer will support team members by meeting customer expectations regarding delivery and quality standards. The Quality Engineer is also responsible for implantation of quality procedures. This position will train on day shift and then move to assigned shift.
- Lead APQP for new projects and engineering changes.
- Implementation and follow through.
- Verify viability of newly awarded programs.
- Create Pre‐Production PFMEA with collaboration of Project Team.
- Develop DVPRs with the Customer with support from Project Engineering.
- Verify and match Inspection characteristics.
- Prepare testing concepts for series tests and new programs.
- Create PPAP’s for submission to customers.
- Use AIAG guidelines and customer specific requirements.
- Implement initial sampling (PPAP/ IATF) according to customer specifications.
- Define new test equipment for programs/ projects – coordinate internally and with customer.
- Plan tests per the DVP&R on pre‐production parts.
- Review and approve outside laboratory test reports.
- Supervise the purchase of items during program development stages.
- Communicate launch requirements to suppliers and track progress of those requirements.
- Work with program management, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers
- Prepare and coordinate customer audits for new projects (run at rates, customer program meetings).
- Provide technical support to customers on related issues during start‐up launch activities.
- Support for SOP/ new program start up with customers (90 days from launch).
- 7-10 years Quality Planning experience with a Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- Strong communication and relational skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Proficient in reading drawings and interpretation of part measurements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning processes.
- Basic understanding of SAP (minimum).
- Travel – occasional overnight domestic travel and to Germany for training.
**Strategic Recruiting Services has been contracted by Gedia to manage the hiring process for this position.**