Distribution Center IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled IT Support Specialist to support our Dallas Distribution Center day shift operations. This is a great opportunity for a problem-solver who has a proven track record of working in a team environment to successfully address challenging user and network issues and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve skills.
The IT Support Specialist is expected to be highly autonomous, possess project and time management skills, and have the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must possess strong customer service skills, basic knowledge of both computers (hardware and software) and RF unit technologies, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. A successful track record of supporting simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting basic network problems is also essential.
The nature of this position is both technical and hands-on. At the same time, the IT Support Specialist will be provided with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including PCs, laptops, RF unit technology, WMOS, network connectivity, Windows software, and much more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering “first class” support to the Distribution Center team in a professional and friendly manner, troubleshooting various applications, hardware, and network issues, engaging with and educating the DC team
- Documenting, analyzing, and resolving problem tickets
- Working with local and remote IT Groups, employees and operations management to quickly provide high quality solutions to IT problems
- Carrying out ongoing network, computer, and printer troubleshooting
- Engaging in project management over a vast range of assignments
- Conducing systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
- Working closely with other members of the IT team to identify, recommend, and develop and implement cost-effective technology solutions in order to support the company’s rapid growth
- Experience supporting PC's in a Windows Terminal Server environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Participate in a 24/7 support and on call rotation
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user, high pressured environment
- Experience in areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Mobile Device Management, and RF Technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors
- Team-oriented with a strong focus on customer service, problem solving, and ongoing learning and growth
- Self-driven and able to work successfully with limited supervision
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Able to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in the Distribution Centers, hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
- Able to walk for an extensive period while working in the facility
- Able to reach over shoulder heights and bend or stoop below the waist, as well as abilities to engage in repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement as well as occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Prior experience providing IT support in a Fulfillment Center environment
- Experience working in a Manhattan WMOS driven environment
- A+ Certification, Network+ Certification
- Knowledge of Windows and Android based mobile RF equipment
- Ability to manage high-priority projects
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Experience managing vendor contracts, relationships, and service outages
- Working knowledge of SOTI MobiControl device management
- Experience with SQL based reporting development
- Tableau report editing and development
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Distribution Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.