IT Project Manager
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is seeking a IT Project Manager, (General Associate) in support of our client, PEO IWS. Job location is a blend of support on site at the Washington, DC, Navy Yard with telework possible from home and at Strategic Insight’s office in Washington, DC.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information at the Secret clearance level.
Strategic Insight, Ltd., established 1985, is committed to sustaining excellence and quality growth across our workforce as we strive to improve our clients’ services and products. Strategic Insight staff members enjoy opportunities for growth and are provided with robust benefits from healthcare and 401K to merit bonuses. This position will give you the opportunity to make a positive impact within a collaborative team environment.
The Program Executive Office, Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) Front Office provides direction, program execution and support services for all programs and projects in various PEO IWS directorates. The IT Project Manager supports the functions of the PEO IWS Activity Command Information Officer (ACIO) for maintaining compliance with Navy guidance in daily operations and asset and policy management. An ideal candidate will have experience working with the United States Navy implementing and working within their Information Technology Environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the overall management and day-to-day operations of the Information Technology functions used by PEO IWS. This includes monitoring the status of all unique and leveraged investments by PEO IWS in data centers, technical service centers, help desks, communication networks (voice and data), computer systems operations and maintenance, and integrated data environments.
- Augment NAVSEA-provided technical and management support for the NIPRNet and SIPRNet equipment and facilities used by PEO IWS at all their sites.
- Provide direct, on-site Information Technology (IT) support services for daily operations by individuals and in conference rooms outfitted with government-provided IT.
- Assist the CIO/ACIO in the development, implementation, and maintenance of IT assets and Data Strategies.
- Provide support to both PEO IWS’ internal management needs and act as an external liaison between internal offices, and as required, other related external organizations to harmonize and leverage information requirements across the DON Enterprise.
- Effectively communicate and document asset management strategies to team members and stateholders.Review and report on the compliance of information systems policies, certification and accreditations.
- Maintain and update asset management procedures and standards.
- Perform period audits and report findings for recommend IT solutions for government review and implementation in areas that consistently pose problems.
- Document systems that PEO IWS requests resources for (POM process), and systems used by PEO IWS, but budgeted for by others.
- Identify PEO IWS end users and per-user costs. Determine scalability to enable growth as PEO IWS grows internally, or as a liaison support function to organizations.
- Provide input for an annual Data/Information Management Plan for PEO IWS.
- Provide recommendations on the use and purpose of software applications used across DON to minimize unique PEO IWS acquisitions and maintenance costs over time.
- Support business case analysis in support of the Activity CIO prior to submission of new or updated Information Technology application requests on NAVSEA’s computing infrastructure.
- Provide support services for internal management of technical issues and actions as well as external liaison and support.
- Provide annual Data/Information Strategy unique to PEO IWS to serve as an addendum to other overarching strategies within the PEO IWS chain of command.
Success for working in this position requires:
- Experience with estimating, obtaining investment approvals, and managing IT investments, roll outs, and asset management to support DOD and DON Information enterprises such as NMCI/Next Gen, ERP, Integrated Data Environments.
- Experience with IT Project Management, DOD IT Portfolio Repository (DITPR))/Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is desired.
- Supervisory experience of IT and help desk staff desired.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related is preferred.
- Security+ required.
- CISSP desired.
- 10+ years of experience in areas like (a) Navy Marine Corps Intranet (b) Data/Information Management Planning (c) Monitoring of data centers, technical service centers, help desks, communication networks (voice and data), computer systems operations and maintenance, integrated data environments technical. (d) Managing support for the Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) equipment and facilities.
- Department of Navy Experience preferred.
- NAVSEA Experience with SEA03 preferred.
- Navy Operation Flank Speed user experience desired.
Diversity: All staff members are expected to accomplish their work in a businesslike manner, and always be courteous toward all other staff members, clients, business associates, guests, and visitors. All staff members should be treated in a manner free from bias, favoritism, and any form of illegal discrimination.
Ethics: All members of Strategic Insight should be marked by a commitment to excellence, professional integrity, self-discipline and wise judgment. Our employees reflect this by attention to detail, comprehensive staff work, and honorable behavior.
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Strategic Insight, Ltd.Southeast, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.