You are passionate about technology and enjoy the creative problem solving required to properly fix IT issues, no matter how difficult. Because you are a more seasoned professional, you are also looking to coach and mentor less experienced employees. You love learning new technologies and teaching what you learn. You enjoy taking the lead on solving complex problems and you are looking for a role in a company that is seeking growth opportunities while maintaining a positive working culture of collaboration resulting in excellent customer service.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for advanced technical support. You need to be capable of managing multiple projects and issues simultaneously. You are obsessive about logging your time and ensuring issues are tracked to completion. Your professional communication skills help both other team members and clients better understand complex technical issues and options for resolution. Although the majority of your time will be spent resolving client issues directly, 20 – 30% of your time will be spent training, teaching and developing the technical and professional skills of less experienced Engineers. Occasional travel may also be required.
Strategic Information Resources Inc. (SIRINC) is an IT Consulting Firm and Managed Service Provider (MSP) located in Canoga Park, CA. We are a community of technicians who are committed to leveraging technology for small and medium businesses. We are proud of our diverse and loyal client base concentrated in California but with locations across the country. Our team of technology professionals serves our clients through a combination of remote and on-site services using our Managed Service Platform to enhance both the Engineer and client experience.
- Direct work experience of at least 5 years
- Extensive, diverse and up-to-date knowledge of IT Hardware, Software and Systems used by small to medium-sized businesses
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic mentor
- Effective relationship management skills
- Sensitive to clients’ needs and can develop warm client relationships
- Superior time management, attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to adapt when presented with new challenges
- After-hours flexibility for occasional jobs required at client sites or remote work
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- A bachelor’s degree, equivalent certifications, or equivalent work experience
- Experience using ConnectWise Manage, Automate and Control
Technologies We Support:
- Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
- Server Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2)
- Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10, 8.1, 7) and Mac (OS X 10.9 - macOS 10.15)
- Dell, Microsoft, and Apple Desktops and Notebooks
- Apple and Android Phones and Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Server Hardware and Software (Dell PowerEdge Servers (OMSA, iDRAC), RAID, Exchange, SQL, Active Directory)
- Hyper-V Virtualization
- Active Directory Configuration and Management
- VEEAM Backup
- QuickBooks Desktop
- Firewalls/Gateways/Routers (Cisco, Meraki)
- Wireless Network Design, Installation, and Management
- Networking Technologies (DNS, VPN, VLAN, Multicast Routing, Packet Analysis)
- VoIP Phone Systems and Accessories (Yaelink, Polycom, Plantronics)
- Video Conferencing
- Remote Working
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) matching plan
- Work with state-of-the-art, leading-edge technologies
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A work environment that supports diversity
- A welcoming, friendly, casual and professional working environment
- Work-from-home opportunities
In addition to sending us your resume, we are asking candidates to complete 2 questionnaires that will require less than 25 minutes. We ask for this in order to better determine the possibility of a good fit between you and our organization. We appreciate this is extra effort and have found it a very useful way to help align candidates with opportunities.
After reviewing all applications, only applicants who have been chosen for an initial telephone interview will be contacted.
We appreciate you considering us for your next career adventure.
Salary based on experience, training/education/certifications, and depth of technical knowledge.
Strategic Information Resources Inc.