Radar Scientist SME
- Posted: over a month ago
Strategic ACI is seeking a Radar Scientist (SME). You will be on a team providing technical and subject matter expertise support to National Geospatial-intelligence (NGA) Research for existing and planned Research & Development (R&D) programs, market research of emerging and existing state of the art technologies, acquisition of new capabilities, organizational management including business process and communications, and support to technology transfer and transition.
- Thorough understanding of state-of-the-art research in RF and radar systems, support research efforts to significantly improve non-literal radar and RF data processing and exploitation systems.
- Provide technical expertise for the research and development of new radar collection and exploitation technologies, methods, and systems.
- Provide expert advice regarding scientific tradecraft and in automating radar data exploitation.
- Provide expertise on geometric calibration, including stellar calibration, simulation of sensor geolocation accuracy and robust error propagation.
- Provide expertise to support development of pilots and technical solutions to significantly improve radar tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering; PhD with15 years of relevant work experience, Master’s with 18 years of relevant experience, Bachelor’s with 20 years of relevant experience and be recognized within a discipline relevant to the work associated with the position. Types of recognition include Federal, national, or internationally recognized professional organization or academia, and/or relevant publications in reputable medium.
- Expert in scientific research and development of Radio Frequency (RF) and Radar technology to include but not limited to: Synthetic Aperature Radar, Non-literal radar and RF data processing and exploitation; Improvement of scientific tradecraft and systems for automating raw radar data exploitation; Development of new non-literal radar and RF collection and exploitation methods and systems; Creation of future radar sensors to improve intelligence in denied areas; Advancement of state of the art research in RF and radar systems; Integration of advanced phenomenologies; National Technical Means and or Commercial RF and radar architecture and technology; Electromagnetic physics to review/asses mathematical equations; and State of the art and emerging technology for RF receiver systems.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, willing to become fully vaccinated prior to starting employment, or request and be approved for a legally entitled accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Powered by JazzHR