Our client is seeking a Sr. RTOS Engineer / Real-Time Application Engineer (Platform Team), who has experience with Unix, QNX or RT-Preempt Linux that is deployed to autonomous vehicles and other mobility systems.
You will get to work on an enterprise-grade C++ framework for autonomous driving, solve challenging real-time issues for autonomous vehicles, and get hands-on experience with the entire autonomous driving stack from the hardware, operating system, middleware, and applications, as well as help, learn and write production-level code according to the ISO 26262 certification process.
Your tasks include to
- work on the real-time technology stack,
- configure and compile custom Linux distributions with RT-Preempt kernel,
- profile and optimize network stack for low jitter and high throughput,
- debug device drivers, create board support packages (BSP),
- profile and optimize programs written as C++ applications
- port C++ applications to QNX,
- build and deploy Linux and QNX images on target systems.
Expected qualifications and characteristics are
- solid experience with RTOS (ie. Linux RT-Preempt, QNX, VxWorks, or eMCOS)
- excellent knowledge of Unix kernel: memory handling, schedulers, logging, synchronization, network stack,
- solid C/C++ skills,
- software debugging skills (ie. unit tests, GNU Debugger),
- multithreading application experience,
- Linux tracing experience,
- additional experience with GPU or FPGA or proprietary in-house accelerators is a plus,
- very good knowledge of the gcc compiler,
- a drive to implement robust and reliable software,
- strong work ethic and commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making,
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
We look forward to your application consisting of
- a resume outlining your skills, direct experience and how they apply to the tasks above,
- two references you have worked for or with, as this will help complete your career application.
- an open, friendly, collaborative, organized working environment,
- becoming part of an awesome and global team,
- catered lunch, healthy snacks, and drinks,
- Barista training to operate our professional espresso machine,
- flexible work hours,
- competitive salary depending on experience,
- stock options,
- benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan.