Strataca: Kansas Underground Salt Museum Hutchinson, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $8 to $11 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, 401k
Strataca: Kansas Underground Salt Museum
Strataca is a salt mine museum in Hutchinson, Kansas, United States. The Museum was previously known as the Kansas Underground Salt Museum. The museum is built within one of the world's largest deposits of salt rock and provides the opportunity for guests to travel 650 feet beneath the Earth’s surface and experience the amazing vast space of the Mine.
· Interact with Visitors by being friendly, approachable, and available. A quality Visitor experience starts and ends with impeccable customer service. Let Visitors know you are available for questions. Be familiar with the museum facts provided by Strataca.
· Learning and presenting a 30 minute ride called the Dark Ride.
· Learn to operate the hoist to take Visitors into and out of the mine.
· Docents also double as Store Clerks and/or assist Clerks with sacking purchases during busy times, especially with school groups.
· Help keep our facility clean and tidy by picking up trash and salt rocks during downtime. Dust surfaces as needed. Leave the bathroom cleaner than you found it and notify the manger and Topside Manager of any problem.
· Maintain cleanliness in the break-rooms by cleaning up spills, properly disposing of trash, pouring liquids from cans and cups into sinks before disposal, and bagging trash when full.
· Clean and disinfect hard hats as needed.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Personal protective equipment provided or required
· Temperature screenings
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Strataca seeks to create layers of protection for the guests and staff alike. In order to do so, the organization checks temperatures daily, must wear a mask to work, and constantly maintain a clean environment prior to and post rides.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
· Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations?
· Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Strataca: Kansas Underground Salt MuseumWhy Work Here?
Come join an amazing team with plenty of growth. We hope you will want to join in on the adventure.
3650 E. Ave. G. HutchinsonHutchinson, KS
TourismView all jobs at Strataca: Kansas Underground Salt Museum