Cement Pneumatic Driver - (Ready Mix) Williston, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
Cement Pneumatic Driver - (Ready Mix)
The Cement Pneumatic Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently loading, transporting and unloading raw materials from vendor locations to production plants.
Primary Job Function
• Performs daily vehicle pre-trip safety inspection according to company guidelines.
• Maintains truck maintenance, fluid and fuel levels as needed or required.
• Reports any vehicle mechanical problems on a timely basis to ensure prompt attention from fleet maintenance.
• Follows written and oral instruction from production manager to determine the quantity and location of raw materials to be loaded, transported and unloaded each day.
• Drives truck to raw material vendor location as well as to plant locations as instructed.
• Ensures materials loaded into tanker are of the proper quantity and within acceptable specifications.
• Unloads raw materials from tanker at each plant location ensuring proper material is placed into the correct storage bin.
• Monitors pressure gauges and baghouse while unloading to detect potential air quality issues.
• Ensures compliance with local, state and federal air emissions regulations.
• Completes required paperwork timely and accurately.
• Maintains communication with the production and plant managers using two-way radio and mobile telephone to advise of questions, problems or issues on a timely basis.
• Communicates pleasantly and professionally with vendors.
• Keeps the interior and exterior of the truck clean and free of clutter to include regularly removing road film and excess raw material from exterior surfaces.
• Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and service.
• Operates plant equipment (loader, mixer truck, etc...) as needed.
• Wears personal protective equipment as needed or required.
• HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum age of 21 years old required.
• Current, valid driver's license.
• Current, valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Prefer at least one year of experience driving heavy equipment especially in construction or construction-related positions.
• Satisfactory driving and criminal record.
• General knowledge of the local area is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency with simple math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (especially percentages) as well as measurements.
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written) and to work independently.
• Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
• Pneumatic truck
• Water hose
• Two-way radio
• Mobile telephone
• Various hand tools
• Must be able to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
• Occasional/frequent periods of sitting while operating the tanker truck.
• Occasional/frequent use of feet to operate clutch/transmission.
• Occasional/frequent climbing of steps to enter truck and steel ladder to reach the top of the tanker.
• Occasional/frequent reaching, grabbing, pushing and pulling.
• Occasional/frequent stooping, squatting, bending and kneeling.
• Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional pushing and pulling.
• Occasional/frequent twisting.
Environmental Conditions (Personal Protective Equipment is Provided Where Required or Requested)
• Majority of work is performed outdoors.
• Exposure to elements of weather to include extremes in heat, humidity, cold, dust and moisture for extended periods.
• Occasionally/frequently exposed to rough, muddy and icy surface conditions.
• Intermittent exposure to high noise levels and truck vibration.
• Frequent exposure to cement, concrete, dust, diesel fuel, and other substances that may cause burns, be toxic or explosive if handled incorrectly.
• Frequently exposed to water and wet conditions.
Compensation package is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Strata Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Strata Corporation Jobs
AddressWest Fargo, ND
ConstructionView all jobs at Strata Corporation Jobs