Sales & Business Development Account Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Sales Analyst Opportunity
Straits Financial is a Futures Commission Merchant based in Chicago. We are clearing members of CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX, DME, and CBOE. Our Chicago office is comprised of a 34-member team. We also have offices in Singapore, Shanghai, Jakarta, Dubai, New York, and New Jersey. With our strong international presence and access to markets around the world, we have a diverse product mix to offer clients. Our OTC business has grown dramatically, and we will be rolling out new products in 2023.
This individual will join a small and nimble sales team that focuses on B to B growth. Our team works with brokers, both domestic and foreign, to develop synergies and open new clearing relationships. Straits is aggressively growing our product mix and expanding our existing footprint, including commodities and OTC. This role is an opportunity to help build something special with an established FCM.
For more information about our firm, log onto www.straitsfinancial.com
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Straits Financial is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented candidate to join our Business Development & Sales team. The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Generating sales leads through thoughtful, strategic outreach to prospective clients via proactive phone, email and in-person meetings. Grow your sales pipeline within designated channels.
- Identify, develop, and close new opportunities in an effort to achieve sales objectives and market growth. Run a full sales process from prospect-to-close.
- Identify areas of opportunity/solutions with prospective clients and qualify them for potential meetings and further engagement.
- Maintain client relationships after closing new business – cultivate long-term relationships.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of goals/pipeline, key clients and prospects.
- Regularly track, evaluate, and communicate updates to senior leadership on progress against strategic plans; making adjustments to increase productivity as appropriate.
- Stay informed about Straits’ competitive landscape and how to sell the value of our solutions and services when compared to relevant competitors in the market space.
- Represent Straits Financial at industry conferences, trade shows and events throughout the year.
- Work closely with internal departments at the firm, such as New Accounts, Compliance, Operations, and Risk. “Own” the process of new client-on boarding and throughout the life of the client relationship.
- Utilize CRM system to track prospecting, preparation and management of client data.
- Travel for this role will be 2-3 weeks per month.
- Participate in other projects as requested.
- Energetic self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong interpersonal skills – relationships are of monumental importance.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via virtual meetings.
- Results-driven with a strong work ethic.
- Experience in a consultative sales process with proven ability to sell into a number of different market channels.
- Ability to sell into any number of levels within prospective client organizations, from C-level Executives to individual Introducing Brokers (IB’s)
- History of successfully exceeding expectations in sales role.
- Competitive nature, but also a collaborative team player.
- FINRA Series 3
- Prior work experience in commodities and risk management, ideally in a sales capacity.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to build strong relationships, including attention to detail and follow-up.
- Positive, can-do attitude and high level of personal initiative.
- Ability to work individually and cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives.
- Adaptable and open to feedback.
- Ability to be resourceful in seeking solutions.
Please send a resume to SFSales@straitsfinancial.com to be considered for this position with “Sales Analyst” in the subject line.
Straits Financial LLC
311 S. Wacker DriveChicago, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?