Assistant Pre-Construction Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
StoryBuilt is a leading urban residential and commercial community developer building in Austin, Dallas, Denver and Seattle. As an urban infill developer, we are exclusively focused on developing communities in thriving neighborhoods surrounding major downtowns. Our vertically integrated approach to development is at the heart of our success, with in-house expertise including: civil engineering, architecture, construction management, sales, customer service, and property management, driving our innovative approach to design and construction.
We are looking for an Assistant Pre-Construction Manager who will assist the Pre-Construction Manager by providing preconstruction services while guiding projects through the pre-construction and design phases of projects located in Austin, and Dallas area.
- Experience working in the construction industry from 1 to 3 years as a minimum
- Estimating and/or experience in pre-construction is ideal. Experience in quantity take-off is required of at least one year.
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications and familiarity with CSI format is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft's suite of software
- Experience working in residential, multi-family, and mixed use commercial is ideal
- Experience with quantity take-off software, Bluebeam, Procore is required
- Experience working with design software, such as, REVIT, sketch up, etc.. Is a plus
- Desire to be part of a growing team with opportunities to excel and bring a positive entrepreneurial attitude
- US citizenship is required
- Assist in preparation of conceptual and estimates/budgets at various stages of design
- Perform detailed and accurate quantity takeoffs and setting up estimating templates
- Evaluate historical estimating data & update budget templates and unit costs to stay current and up to date
- Develop and maintain scopes of work and bid package documents incorporating and tracking lessons learned from previous projects
- Create bid tab for specific projects
- Responsible for bid software maintenance, setting up bid information and projects, and conducting bids
- Tabulating and assisting in leveling and de-scoping of bids
- Printing of bid documents, setting up of bid folder structure, and maintaining bid files/folders.
- Issue addenda during bid phase including updating of bid folders, issuance of addenda via bid software, and posting of drawings as necessary to keeping bid documents current.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control of design drawings and specifications. Coordination with design team at various stages of design.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier bid database in bid software to keep current contact information
- Subcontractor and supplier outreach for budgeting and bidding purposes and develop and maintain relationships
- Assist in evaluating preliminary phasing and high level schedules for the projects
- Assist in working up, budgeting, pricing, logging of Value Engineering items and cost saving options on projects. Evaluation of different types of systems and/or materials and associated pricing/quality.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position. We also provide full health benefits as well as retirement savings options, along with highly competitive vacation and paternity/maternity leave packages.