Highly Competitive Wages plus comprehensive benefits package including: Health Insurance, Car, Cell Phone, Uniforms, Vacation, 401K, and more!
The Controller will manage the accounting duties for the Casey’s Corner stores and assist the Wholesale Controller with the accounting duties of Story Distributing Company. The Controller is responsible for accurate and timely financials, analyzing financial information, and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities. Other responsibilities include maximizing efficiency of the accounting operations by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Manage day to day accounting of Casey’s Corner Stores.
• Develop accounting processes for Stores to maintain similar processes amongst all stores including record keeping, maintenance of records.
• Oversee accurate coding of income and expense items entered into the accounting software.
• Assist in the reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Reconcile Casey’s Corner Store inventory at month end to accounting records.
• Prepare financial reports by Store on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Manage payroll imports from payroll software to accounting system. Reconcile payroll expense monthly.
• Maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules for Casey’s Corner Stores.
• Assist the Wholesale Controller with maintaining amortization schedules.
• Prepare and report monthly budget to actual comparisons.
• Manage accounts payable function and staff, including reviewing AP runs prior to processing, approving check runs
• Coordinate with Wholesale Controller for monthly financial reporting needs.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Performs other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned.