Experienced Tax Accountant
Stortz & Associates Emmaus, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Lehigh Valley CPA firm with more than 41 years in business is seeking an experienced tax professional.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to work in a small firm atmosphere that specializes in individual and small business engagements. The Tax Accountant position is responsible for the preparation of applicable tax returns for individual and corporate clients. Individual tax return preparation experience would be a plus, as well as experience in corporate tax return workpaper and tax return preparation. EOE.
- Preparation of federal, state and local tax returns for Individual, Corporate, and Payroll clients.
- Preparation of tax workpapers.
- Investigates and responds to tax notices and other related correspondence
- Handle routine client questions, and work with clients to obtain necessary information for financials and tax return completion
- Identifies, collects, and organizes all client data, received and outstanding, ensuring records are processed in accordance to Firm policy and procedures.
- Make journal entries for year-end close including bank reconciliation.
- Generating trial balance & financial statements.
- Analyze current and prior year General Ledger, Cash book, Journal.
- Discuss with client year-end adjustments to be included.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum three years working experience in tax accounting and return preparation.
- High level of knowledge of current federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Display high proficiency with computers and advanced knowledge of related software such as Ultra Tax, Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks, and Sage.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form with team members and clients.
- Follows best practice guidelines and mandates to maximize processes and deliver superior results.
- Works independently, prioritizing work, and multi-tasking within a fast-paced environment. Demonstrates a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Participates in continuing education and training to promote personal and firm growth.
- Contributes to a positive environment by building and maintaining solid relationships with clients and team members.
Compensation is commensurate with candidate’s experience. Please include salary requirements when submitting resume / application to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No telephone calls please.)
Stortz & Associates
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Stortz & Associates