Storti Quality Service is looking for Gas Construction Inspectors for full-time work servicing a variety of our utility clients located throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut. We are looking for experienced candidates with either 2+ years’ natural gas inspection experience relating to field inspections and technical specifications or 3+ years’ of construction experience in the field with installation/replacement of natural gas mains and services.
If you are ready to make the transition to an inspector or if you are an experienced inspector looking to further your career we encourage you to apply. We have numerous opportunities available and are ready to hire.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GAS CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR
- Reviews drawings, construction plans, permit requirements, etc.
- Performs visual inspections of all project construction activities to verify conformance to the drawings and specifications for each inspector’s functional area.
- Keeps a log of all quality deficiencies and construction deviations that documents the deficiency, the corrective action or repair to be taken by other contractor(s) and shall follow up to verify corrective action was completed.
- Produces a daily report of the work performed by contractors, inspection services completed, and deficiencies or deviations.
- Witnesses other contractors’ pre-commission tests and/or equipment calibration prior to installation.
- Verifies that all inspection records/quality documents and relevant project documents produced by contractor and/or other contractors are maintained and archived.
- Inspectors shall be accessible and promptly respond to Storti personnel by email and cell phone, as needed.
- Inspectors shall be present for handling of all major equipment by other contractors, including loading and unloading, and shall inspect equipment prior to any lift.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE GAS CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR
- 3+ years gas construction experience relating to field inspections and technical specifications (standards, procedures, design, etc.) OR 1+ years installation of natural Gas Mains, Services and Field Projects
- Previous utility customer experience is desirable
- Operator Qualified
- Knowledge of construction documentation and project filing systems
- Knowledge of computer software tools
- Ability to work independently, and take initiative to perform tasks
- Ability to communicate with project team staff or others
When you need a trusted third-party, Storti Quality Services is your answer. We deliver.