Storti Quality Service is looking for a Gas Construction Inspector for a full-time opportunity with our client located near Manchester, NH. We are looking for experienced candidates with 3+ years’ natural gas construction experience relating to field inspections and technical specifications or 2+ years’ experience in the field with installation/replacement of natural gas Mains and Services. The role of inspector is incredibly important and provides tremendous value to our utility clients. If you would like to learn more about this rewarding career and have the necessary background, please apply to lean more.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews drawings, construction plans, permit requirements, etc.
- Performs visual inspections of all project construction activities to verify conformance to the drawings and specifications for each inspector’s functional area.
- Keeps a log of all quality deficiencies and construction deviations that documents the deficiency, the corrective action or repair to be taken by other contractor(s) and shall follow up to verify corrective action was completed.
- Produces a daily report of the work performed by contractors, inspection services completed, and deficiencies or deviations.
- Witnesses other contractors’ pre-commission tests and/or equipment calibration prior to installation.
- Verifies that all inspection records/quality documents and relevant project documents produced by contractor and/or other contractors are maintained and archived.
- Inspectors shall be accessible and promptly respond to Storti personnel by email and cell phone, as needed.
- Inspectors shall be present for handling of all major equipment by other contractors, including loading and unloading, and shall inspect equipment prior to any lift.
- 3+ years gas construction experience relating to field inspections and technical specifications (standards, procedures, design, etc.) OR 1+ years installation of natural Gas Mains, Services and Field Projects
- Previous utility customer experience is desirable
- Operator Qualified
- Knowledge of construction documentation and project filing systems
- Knowledge of computer software tools
- Ability to work independently, and take initiative to perform tasks
- Ability to communicate with project team staff or others
When you need a trusted third-party, Storti Quality Services is your answer. We deliver.