Control Room Operator
Stored Solar Services LLC Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the overall safe and efficient operational shift activities at the Stored Solar Facility. The facility is a nominal 24.5 MW wood fired power plant whose major equipment includes: 1 Babcock Wilcox Circulating Fluidized Bed boiler and 1 Mitsubishi Steam Turbine.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
1. The supervision, coordination and direction of assigned operating personnel in the performance of all operation and maintenance shift activities.
2. Performing the required activities of the control room, plant operator and woodyard watchstation which includes the operation and performance monitoring of all equipment, test and treatment of plant water chemistry, creation and maintenance of plant records, extensive use of personal computers and the Bailey Conductor NT, etc.
3. Maintaining high professional, personnel and equipment safety and environmental consciousness of compliance standards and practices.
4. Maximizing plant efficiency and profits without degrading personnel and equipment safety practices, environmental requirements or concerns or the long term operation of the plant.
5. Senior operational interface with the electric utility, the interconnection utility (Bangor Hydro) and fuel supply and transport organizations.
6. Ensuring all environmental permit conditions are met.
7. Perform other assigned independent, team, or shift tasks such as system expert, industrial safety program activities, routing maintenance tasks, housekeeping and general facility preservation, etc.
8. Assist in developing and refining operational policies and procedures.
9. Assist in identifying and implementing plant or profit improvement projects.
10. Assist in developing the annual budget and training plan for plant operations.
11. Respond quickly to plant conditions or requirements, which may involve extended and/or abnormal work hours.
12. Will involve work with OSHA classified hazardous materials.
1 Reports to the Chief Engineer.
1 At least a high school graduate with a State of Maine Third Class Stationary Steam License or the ability to obtain such a license preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in steam and electric power plant operations with a detailed overall knowledge of power plant equipment and operations including theory, with some of that time being solid fuel experience.
2 Additional background/skills in a maintenance or technical discipline such as engineering, mechanic, electrician, water chemistry, instruments and controls or circulating fluidized bed technology.
3 Ability to qualify and maintain qualifications as a control room operator and roving operator. This includes the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to climb ladders and to be at heights of 100-120 feet, ability and dexterity to manipulate various size components from valves to small electrical switches to computer keyboards, ability to perform chemical sampling procedures, and ability to “handle” quick changing situations under stress.
4 Ability to work extended hours if and when required.
5 Ability to perform and accept supervisory responsibility.
6 Significant experience or ability to be versatile in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications.
7 Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral plant staff team member.
Stored Solar Services LLCWhy Work Here?
We offer a great benefits package, competitive wages, and 401k match!
GovernmentView all jobs at Stored Solar Services LLC