Carrier Relations Representative v1
Stord - other locations Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Carrier Relations Representative Position:
The Carrier Relations Representative will serve as an integral part in the growth of Carrier relationships across STORD's logistics network. This role will work to procure high quality capacity to ensure excellent service for our freight customers. In this role, you will become a market and industry expert through various tools and research to aid in negotiations and carrier relations.
What You'll Do:
- Source and procure carrier services through negotiation on a contract or transactional basis while meeting company margin goals
- Strategically develop carrier relationships for ongoing business using historical data, lane analysis, and professional experience
- Maintain communication with sales, account management and customer service throughout the life cycle of the shipment
- Provide expert advice on cost, capacity and other industry variables affecting price to sales/account managers
- Use critical thinking and creative problem solving to improve day-to-day operations
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong negotiation proficiency
- Team oriented mentality
- Ability to create and foster strong relationships
- Work EST time zone
- Prior logistics experience
- Experience developing carrier relationships
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong!
Stord - other locations
BusinessView all jobs at Stord - other locations