Senior Backend Developer
- $70,000 to $120,000 Yearly
StoragePug is seeking an experienced, driven Senior Node.js developer. The position is at our office in Knoxville, TN.
You’ll be working in a startup environment named one of Knoxville’s Top 10 Startup Cultures, at a company that knows SEO (Google: “self storage marketing.” StoragePug typically comes up on the first page of search results, nationwide).
You can get a feel for our culture by taking a look at our Google My Business listing (https://g.page/StoragePug).
Our web platform is built for the self storage industry. Our frontends are built with Vue.js using Nuxt. The backend is built with Node.js, Express, TypeORM and MySQL.
We currently have a team of some super talented people that consists of:
- 1 agile Project Manager
- 4 Developers
- 2 UI/UX designers
- 1 QA Tester
What You Will Do:
- Use Node.js, Express, and other backend tools to design and implement the underlying application logic and database structure powering our APIs.
- Understand the needs of our clients to develop and improve the end-user experience.
- Collaborate with product managers to develop and enhance our products according to our product roadmap and business strategy
- Naturally curious and willing to step into the user’s shoes
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience as software developer
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in BE technologies and tools (Node.js, Express, TypeORM)
- Demonstrated experience with designing REST APIs
- Familiar with using Git for version control
- Experience with building complicated, enterprise-level systems
Software Engineer requirements:
- 5+ years of experience with NodeJS, Express, MySQL (or similar relational language)
- Experience building RESTful services using the Express framework • Understanding of the Node.js event loop
- At least one year of working on an Agile software development team
- Experience using Docker and Docker Compose for local development, testing and troubleshooting
- Experience using an ORM such as TypeORM
- Experience with MySQL
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up
- Understanding of Vue.js, Angular, React.js, or similar
- Ad user-focused way of thinking and programming
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using TeamCity
- Standard SQL/BigQuery
- Experience using AWS tools
- Experience with unit and e2e testing
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Starting 10 PTO Days (15 days PTO after 1 year)
- 5 Mental Health Days
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Catered Birthday Parties
- Catered Monthly Highlights
- Business Travel
- Free Pug Swag
- Fancy Coffee Machine
- Relaxed Business Casual Dress Code
StoragePug empowers people to find freedom in their lives and maximize potential. Our clients get freedom from the headaches and hassles of owning a self-storage business. We have freedom from toxic work environments and asshole bosses.
Our promise to the world is to be Fun, Fast, and Familiar.
We invite you to join us in moving the self storage industry forward.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in StoragePug. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Join a $38B industry and help people get the most out of their investment with our toolkit.
We are a fast-growing B2B SaaS company located in Knoxville, TN. StoragePug helps self-storage owners & operators grow their business and simplify operations. We create amazing customer experiences in person and through our software. StoragePug is the Shopify of self storage. StoragePug empowers people to find freedom in their lives and maximize potential. Our clients get freedom from the headaches and hassles of owning a self-storage business. We have freedom from toxic work environments and asshole bosses. Our promise to the world is to be Fun, Fast, and Familiar. We invite you to join us in moving the self storage industry forward. Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in StoragePug. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
408 N Cedar Bluff Rd Suite 236Knoxville, TN
Get fresh Senior Backend Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.