StoragePug is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. You're joining a fast-paced, team-oriented, high-energy startup in Knoxville, TN. Promotion opportunities within 30 days for highly motivated self-starters.
- We Make it Happen. We solve problems. We do what it takes to get things done, and we have a bias for action. We fully commit to the task at hand, and we set the standard for our team.
- Complacency is the Enemy of Success. We are never satisfied with good enough.
- Relentlessly Dig (to Understand Why). We not only invite but expect each person on our team to dig for the best possible approach — without ego, agenda, or condescension.
- We Make Positive, Lasting Impressions. As we journey together, we show up, fully committed. Our team is empowered to make decisions, act, and leave their mark.
- It Makes Us Happy to Make You Happy. We care. No, seriously, our sincere and deeply held belief is that we are conduits of kindness and compassion to others, and we care about bringing joy to others.
• Google “self storage marketing” and StoragePug is on the first page nationwide.
• We are a SaaS/tech startup in Knoxville, TN, in the heart of Cedar Bluff.
• Our clients have storage facilities all over the country from New York to Hawaii.
And now, the details!
We are looking for a SaaS Business Development Representative (BDR).
Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how StoragePug could help a self storage business grow, and successfully position the Pug value proposition.
This position offers a base salary and commission. StoragePug employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
What’s a day-to-day look like as a BDR?
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Sales Representatives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with StoragePug
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help small and mid-sized self storage businesses realize the potential of digital marketing
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
- You'll learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
We're looking for people who have:
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
- Alignment with our core values
What is the compensation plan for this position?
- OTE of $60,000.
- Base salary of $30,000 per year.
- Incentives based on Demos Booked.
- Daily bonuses.
- Annual take-home salary can exceed OTE for high performers.