Position Description: Clinical Therapist
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Oxford, MS
*Stonewater will pay 100% of the following employee insurance benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability andShort-Term Disability. Stonewater offers Paid Time Off as well as a 401k Profit-Sharing Plan with a 100% match of up to 6%.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the patients at Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center in accordance with state regulations, The Joint Commission and Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center policy.
- Help with history gathering and screening on potential patients in the pre-admission phase.
- Meet with each patient upon intake, explaining the rules and culture of Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center.
- Perform assessment measures/data collection on each patient every 15 days following their Date of Intake (DOI). Responsible for tracking all assessment dates.
- Maintain assessment data for use in reporting, evaluations and research.
- Utilize and administer psycho-education curriculum approved by Director of Clinical Strategy.
- Plan, lead and/or supervise psycho-education groups as directed by program requirements.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans for each patient.
- Work in collaboration with the treatment team to ensure patient’s individual goals are being met and review with patient at weekly meeting.
- Meet individually with patients on a weekly basis to discuss case plan, goals, concerns, needs, etc.
- Maintain accurate and excellent documentation for each patient.
- Perform the planning of discharge and recovery support services.
- Provide therapeutic support for direct care staff for Stonewater patients. This may require after hours onsite support when necessary.
- Conduct staff, parent and volunteer training in mental health and substance use disorder treatment best practices.
- Conduct CBT/DBT/MI staff trainings.
- Participate in required trainings and staff meetings.
- Work to create a “DBT climate” as part of the milieu.
- Business travel for purposes of work matters when requested to do so.
- Accept directives that may be in addition to the duties outlined above on an as needed basis to ensure the health of the Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center program.
- Participate in equipping, encouraging and empowering each patient at Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center to be all they were created to be, and help them to understand that they were created on purpose for a purpose.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). If the Clinical Therapist is licensed in a different state, they must become licensed in Mississippi prior to service delivery.
- Must be able to conduct therapy with adolescent patients.
- CBT/DBT training will be provided onsite but previous CBT/DBT experience is preferred.
- A passion to see individuals who deal with mental health and substance use disorders experience healing, life change, and purposeful living and believe that change can happen under the conditions defined in the Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center vision statement, mission statement and core values.
- Emotional maturity.
- Ability and stamina to work within state regulations and Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center policy, even if regulations/policy goes against personal beliefs.
- Ability to manage a busy workload.
- Flexibility in work hours, programs and services.
- Excellent personal and professional boundaries.
- Adherence to the Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center's vision statement, mission statement and core values.
- Ability to work with patients/staff/volunteers with varying faith backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current and valid driver's license and seven years driving experience.
- Clean DMV record.
- Proof of current, effective driver’s insurance.
- Child Abuse Index Check clearance.
- Fingerprint/DOJ clearance.
- Health and TB clearance.