Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Posted: over a month ago
- $141,000 to $163,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The position reports directly to the Executive Vice President/CFO. The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will oversee all aspects of Stonetrust’ s marketing and sales distribution functions. The position is responsible for developing and implementing the corporation’s agency distribution and marketing strategy. This position is also responsible for all activities related to marketing including the company’s advertising and social media programs and the building and managing of all agency relationships for the expansion and profitable growth of the corporation’s book of business.
- Provides executive leadership and direction for the performance of the Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Develops and implements the corporation’s agency distribution and marketing strategy to support company growth and expansion plans.
- Manages the corporation’s agency commission program and develops competitive contingency/incentive programs to support company profitability and growth objectives.
- Works collaboratively with the Underwriting Production and Operation Managers to produce a profitable book of business.
- Manages all agency contract and licensing requirements.
- Implements a ‘best in class agency customer service standard that provides a distinctive and competitive advantage
- Identifies, recruits, and onboards agencies in expansion states. Works closely with production and renewal underwriters to develop long-term profitable partnerships with assigned agencies
- Builds relationships with branch resources, distribution partners, and key industry associations
- Helps develop and implement the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve goals
- Leads the agency review process and assists with agency management in Stonetrust’ s operating states
- Ensures all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources
- Interfaces with Actuarial and Finance to develop metrics and measures to influence program performance
- Works with Information Systems to maintain and implement effective system interfaces with agents and policyholders
- Leads the marketing department with servicing existing and potential clients
- Coordinates preparation of departmental budgets and forecasts, along with monitoring and providing explanation of variances/exceptions/deviations
- Establishes management information systems and technical procedures for assigned areas of company activity.
- Drives development of new products and product enhancements while adjusting to market conditions.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the market.
- Grow, develop, recruit, and retain talent.
- Attend various industry events.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits strong communication skills and works transparently with the Executive VP and President/CEO
- Proactively communicates with all members of management to build trust and deliver exceptional internal customer service
- Provides strong leadership and management accountability aligned with the corporate culture
- Ensures that direct reports are aligned with company culture and are consistently responsive to requests from management and other departments
- Demonstrated understanding of Workers’ Comp underwriting parameters, philosophy, and pricing characteristics.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of automated systems
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Knowledge of departmental regulations and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong people and operational management skills
Training and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years related experience in field
- 5+ years in supervisory capacity
- Normal office environment
- Travel Required
Stonetrust Commercial Insurance CompanyWhy Work Here?
Our workforce is comprised of talented & self motivated individuals who have high standards and are committed to exemplary customer service.
5615 Corporate BlvdBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Company