Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Hollywood, CA
Wage/Salary: Please share salary expectations to be considered for this position
We are an expanding culinary branded business based in Hollywood. Our company has individual entities within the following categories: restaurants, catering/events, product manufacturing, commercial partnerships and television production (approximately 130 employees).
We are looking for a CFO who will serve as a credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the CEO and executive team. As this is an inaugural position, the candidate must be confident establishing new internal procedures within a dynamic, fast paced work environment and must have the ability to set up systems and structures to streamline our business.
This position is for a hands-on and quality-focused financial executive with the experience that combines sound financial leadership with proven business effectiveness. The CFO is responsible for the financial management of the organization to include budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, implementing new financial structures and procedures, cost benefit analysis, accounting operations, investment strategies, financial planning analysis and tax reporting in order to drive the growth and profitability of the business.
The CFO will offer quality, meaningful analyses, and financial perspectives necessary for strategic planning.
- Develop and promote a company framework to drive financial discipline, acumen and accountability across the organization.
- Review all formal finance procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and systems going forward.
- Partner with the CEO and other department heads on operational and strategic issues, provide recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Set and implement budgets across all departments.
- Develop corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduce operating costs, and increase revenues. Responsible for oversight of financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
- Bank reconciliations and preparation of tax returns. Maintain general ledger structure, chart of accounts, policies and procedures to enable financial statement preparation.
- Develop an inventory control system for all departments.
- Prepare materials for and present financial information to CEO. Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial forecasting. Drive business improvement through the delivery of meaningful financial statements and relevant business analytics.
- Advise CEO on investments and research new investment opportunities
- Work with outside counsel on legal matters, when necessary.
- Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third-party vendors.
- Oversee Finance Manager in their day-to-day operations, including payroll & expense management, managing day to day accounts receivable/payable, financial filing and organization.
- Ensure that each department’s financials are accurate and compliant with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Mature, seasoned and proactive leader with demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, controls, analysis and reporting with values of integrity and transparency.
· Masters degree in accounting or finance preferred.
· CPA preferred.
· 10+ years of progressively responsible financial experience.
· Experience in migrating financial data from outside accounting companies to in-house systems preferred.
· Restaurant industry experience preferred.
· As this is an inaugural position, candidate must be confident establishing new internal procedures within a dynamic, fast paced and creative work environment. Ability to set up new systems and structures to streamline the business.
· Skilled in examining, developing, re-engineering, and recommending financial and technology policies and procedures.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Hands-on and proactive management style.
· Able to execute complex financial models and forecasts.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written in order to interact knowledgeably with and impact both internal and external parties.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to convey highly technical information understandably to a wide variety of audiences.
· Ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long-term while balancing the short and long-range needs of the organization.
· Ability to partner effectively with all levels of the organization
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• Sick leave and paid vacation policy