Do you love people and food? Stonehouse California Olive Oil is seeking to fill a Sales Staff role for 2-4 shifts/week for the holiday season, starting now! Work in the gorgeous Ferry Building all decked out for the Holidays! Super fun, festive, beautiful atmosphere.
We have been making high quality California extra virgin olive oil for over 20 years. Our shop is located in the beautiful SF Ferry Building, with an expansive tasting bar. We are looking for detail-oriented, reliable people who love food and interacting with customers, both loyal locals and vacationers. This is a dynamic, sales-focused retail job, so candidates need to like interacting with customers, explaining how our products are made and how to use them in a friendly, helpful manner.
- We prefer people with sales/retail experience but provide training.
- Must have an interest in learning, and love of food/cooking. Knowledge of farm-to-table farmer's market culture is helpful.
- This is a fun, active, and supportive job with a small, growing team with loyal, repeat customers in a great environment.
Other duties in addition to sales include:
- Register, stocking, merchandising & display, opening and closing store, cleaning, cutting bread, etc.
- Free bottle of extra virgin olive oil per month
- 50% employee store discount
- Discounts at most stores/vendors in Ferry Building
Please reply with:
- Your resume
- Brief note/cover letter. Let us know why you're interested!
- Availability & number of hours/days you are seeking
Thanks, and we're looking forward to hearing from you! Applicants who submit a cover letter expressing their interest/availability will get the fastest responses! We strongly encourage it. Thank you!
Stonehouse California Olive Oil is proud to be a part of the farmer’s market revolution in the United States, one in which both farmers and citizens benefit, to the betterment of both. As high-quality foods are often expensive to produce, being able to sell our products directly to our customers enables us to keep our prices as low as possible, while maintaining sound farming and fair labor practices.
Our California Extra Virgin Olive Oils have won many prestigious awards, including gold, silver and bronze medals at the annual L.A. County Fair, which hosts the largest olive oil competition in the world, and is certified Extra Virgin by Modern Olives. When you purchase a bottle of Stonehouse California EVOO, you are literally buying one of the best olive oils in the world.