The property manager is accountable to protect, maintain and enhance the value of residential real estate assets in order to maximize the owner's financial return and for the benefit of the tenants and the community. This is accomplished by direction and coordination of the center's operational activities, capital projects, leasing and marketing. This incumbent represents the property owner to both the tenants and the public.
Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet tenants’ expectations. Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns.
On assigned properties, act as the company's primary coordinator to assure that the company’s efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Supervise on-site staff, including concierge, doormen, handymen, porters and Superintendents, if utilized at assigned properties.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, orient and train existing personnel and new personnel
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary, all while staying within the guidelines of Local 32BJ, Local 6 and the RAB
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Property Superintendent
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers and particularly with other members of your property’s team. Prepare for team meetings, in advance, and act as a leader for the meeting
Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets that reflect our objectives for operating the property. Prepare this document to be used as an ongoing accounting reporting tool. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action needed. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to the proper operation of all properties.
Communicate regularly with territory leasing agents to ensure synchronization of responsibilities between Operations and Leasing departments.
- Ensure building staff is properly trained and utilizing proper guidelines on walk in prospective
- Weekly meeting with leasing staff to ensure items that need addressing in both “on- notice” and “rent ready” apartments are executed
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times
Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with corporate office support staff on management company procedures for processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned
Maintenance & Safety
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the
- properties up to company and owner standards. Direct the day-to-day activities of staff management,
- loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, and overall aesthetic of properties
- Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24 hours per day and for weekend
- coverage as required. Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance
- in all areas of maintenance and management. Work with Capital department to forecast and manage
- replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, etc.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires daily property inspections
- Review “Salesforce” resident section to ensure work orders, requests for repairs, etc, are being handled appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Conduct cold calls to tenants that have had work orders completed ensuring their satisfaction with work completed
- Assure quality of “rent ready” apartments
- Ensure that leasing offices and “rent ready” apartments are walked daily and communicate any service-related needs to maintenance
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules
- Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational/technical training
- Minimum of three years (3) of experience in property management, with at least two (2) years of rental management experience
- At least 2 years in a supervisory or management role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow through and strong organizational skills; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels
- Courses in real estate a plus
The Stonehenge NYC team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to providing the best in quality, service and potential for growth throughout its portfolio. This is your chance to become a part of a team with a proud history and growing future. Stonehenge provides an environment rich with opportunities for growth and career advancement. Be challenged, celebrated, and inspired. Be a part of something great and continue building your career with us!
Stonehenge NYC and its affiliated companies is a vertically integrated, private real estate group with expertise in investment management, property management, development, design, construction and leasing. Stonehenge, together with its investment partners, owns and manages a portfolio of properties in Manhattan valued at approximately $2.1 billion. The portfolio is comprised of 18 income-producing properties with 3,000 apartments representing 2.5 million square feet of prime real estate. Stonehenge is recognized for its above-and-beyond customer service platform and five-star lifestyle programming. Here at Stonehenge, we believe in equal opportunity. We consider all qualified applicants for job openings without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to work in a Stonehenge residence. The Stonehenge NYC team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to providing the best in quality, service and potential for growth throughout its portfolio. This is your chance to become a part of a team with a proud history and growing future. Stonehenge provides an environment rich with opportunities for growth and career advancement. Be challenged, celebrated, and inspired. Be a part of something great and continue building your career with us!
Stonehenge Management LLCNew York, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.