Growing South Florida Commercial General Contractor seeking Experienced Project Manager in Hospitality, Retail, Healthcare and Industrial, to provide support to the field staff by planning, coordinating, implementing and finalizing projects according to their specifications and deadlines.
• Lead all aspects of the project from inception to close out
• Be able to read and interpret construction drawings
• Build and foster relationships with architects, engineers, professionals and sub-contractors to establish project requirements, budget, specifications and schedules
• Ensure that the work is completed on time, within budget and to quality standards
• Perform take offs and order materials on site
• Answer questions and liaison between the crew and owner on the project
• Change order and RFI management
• Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force - overseeing various trades including sheet rocking, drywall, framing, painting, plumbing, masons, electrical, etc.
• Utilize value engineering and sustainable design concepts to improve projects
• Negotiate and administer contract and subcontract agreements
• Oversee project performance including, project status, budget, schedule and teammates
• Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions
• Ensure that all protocols are implemented to create a safe project environment
• Minimum 5-10 years of direct project management experience in ground-up, renovations, "mixed-use" and "interior" construction, as well as Heavy Construction (underground utilities, excavation, site work and pavement)
• Demonstrated success as the primary manager of construction projects ranging from at least $1 to $10 million of contract value
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with construction and financial computer applications
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles
• Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to individually negotiate change orders with clients and/or subcontractors
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
• A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results
• Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
• Bilingual a plus
Submit cover letter, resume’ and salary expectations