StoneLaurel Consulting is hiring for a Business Analyst to help build and configure the firm’s customizable insurance technology platform and operational functions. The objective of this role is to configure programs, based on company standards and expectations, so the platform delivers ROI and value. This is achieved through leveraging analytical and deductive problem-solving skills to write rule-based equations to address a variety of situations and scenarios. You will be primarily responsible for supporting and delivering the definition, design, configuration and amendment of insurance software processes to meet business needs. This role will have a wide scope of responsibilities with many areas of opportunity and growth within a small, but rapidly growing life and savings carrier.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business and Technical Related
- Drive and conduct business problem or opportunity definition, business & data analysis, and concept definition through to solution, design, and implementation.
- Collaborate with colleagues to formulate business requirements, ensure issues are addressed timely, and communicate effectively for the build out of the firm’s operational and technological ecosystem.
- Develop and provide reporting, analysis, and assessments at both the functional and enterprise level.
- Consistently identifies process improvement opportunities to improve the company and its business that significantly reduces workloads or improves quality.
- Working with others to develop and coordinate the implementation of policies, processes, and procedures to support solutions across multiple functional areas.
- Coordinate and collaborate with business stakeholders and internal teams.
- Lead and coordinate the integrated implementation of policies, processes, procedures, and solutions across multiple functional areas.
- Acts as a resource for appropriate stakeholders to ensure their issues are addressed timely and updates are effectively communicated and understood by all parties.
- Manages and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate and build rapport across many functions with the company and key third parties.
- Ability to organize and triage priorities on a daily basis are a must for this position
- Must be self-driven, goal-oriented, with the ability to work independently and with others, and not afraid to get their hands dirty in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A desire to learn new concepts, seek challenges, and possesses an inquisitive mindset
- Someone who likes to build and innovate in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of annuities, life insurance, and retirement products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Exposure to or ability to learn Salesforce, Tableau, and/or other insurance related technology platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of related and/or transferrable experience within the financial services industry
While our engagements have taken us around the globe, working with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies, our focus has always been on being the best, not the biggest.
We believe that trust matters and relationships are the foundation of good business. We put people first with flexible methodologies, client focus, and forward-thinking. Our seasoned team applies deep industry knowledge to create practical solutions.
StoneLaurel ConsultingCharlotte, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.