- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for running the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position is also responsible for providing support to our dental locations in daily HR functions.
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations and CEO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages the new employee relationships with onboarding.
· Acts as a liaison between payroll, benefits and employees to ensure that employees are enrolled and terminated appropriately within time keeping systems, benefits carrier systems.
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Maintains FMLA tracking and approvals.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Directly oversees payroll and benefit vendors.
· Indirectly supervises 200 employees within multi-site dental locations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university and one year of experience, or four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- SHRM-CP preferred.
· Computer skills preferred: (Internet Software; Payroll Systems; Human Resource Systems; Project Management Software; Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Other skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk and sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional travel to different dental locations throughout the state.
- Potential to occasionally work from home.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
StoneCreek is a leading dental support organization that is dentist owned and operated. We are an established, yet rapidly growing organization that provides a full scope of general dentistry to patients of all ages with insurance or private pay.
It is the mission of StoneCreek to provide quality dental care to all of our patients in an environment that exemplifies the highest ethical, personal, compassionate, and professional standards. We are dedicated to fostering a friendly, positive, and supportive environment for our patients and team members. StoneCreek Dental nurtures a practice culture conducive to exceptional care, and we believe our teams are the driving force in developing meaningful relationships with our patients.
StoneCreek is extremely proud of the strength of our company and team through the unprecedented challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. At StoneCreek Dental Care, we value each and every staff member and their dedication to helping us provide the highest level of dental care to our patients. We were fortunate to maintain employment and pay for each and every employee during the state mandated shutdown of our practices.
* Benefits (waiting periods apply):
- 10 days PTO
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Company Provided Scrubs
- Company Paid Life & ADD
- Company Paid Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Life and ADD Insurance for you your spouse and Children
StoneCreek Dental CareBirmingham, AL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.