Sales Rep - Stone Distributing Co.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Stone Distributing Co.
Stone Distributing (SDC) was founded in the spirit of craft camaraderie. When no distributor in the late 90s would accept Stone's hop-forward beers, the brewery self-distributed and brought along other specialty and craft brands as well. It is now among the largest independent distributors of craft-only beverages in the country. SDC became a standalone distributor, independent of Stone Brewing in 2022. The distributor is known for its investment in growing brands within a diverse portfolio including craft beer, hard kombucha, hard seltzers, hard coffee and more. SDC operates warehouses in San Marcos, CA and Downey, CA and services nearly all of Southern California. We've enjoyed an incredible 23 years of following our passion, and we are in search of people who are also passionate about pursuing their craft to join Stone Distributing.
Plans, organizes, and controls sales functions from conceptual stages through distribution cycles and to shelf/display/tap handle placement in order to optimize sales, revenue and meet or exceed sales, marketing and growth objectives while providing optimal customer service. Keep Stone and distributed brands held in the highest level of confidence by building relationships and trust with decision makes and influencers.
Only applicants who reside in or would be willing to relocate to the Ventura / Santa Barbara, CA area will be considered. No relocation assistance will be provided.
- Prospecting and securing new business by determining focus areas within designated territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing stop-by techniques.
- Ensures that existing accounts have the appropriate amount of beer for their ordering period, maximize the POS exposure in each account, and organize an efficient daily route to ensure a productive work day.
- Promotes and sells Stone and distributed portfolio brands into the market within a defined geographic area.
- Places orders for all active accounts based on weekly/monthly beer volume needs, delivery schedules and all other contributing factors; maintaining/ordering to proper pars in accounts on core beers
- Utilizes optimal daily, weekly & monthly routing and planning to effectively visit and place/enter orders for all active accounts based on weekly/monthly beer volume needs, delivery schedules and all other contributing factors, such as when the decision-maker is present.
- Ensures fresh beer is in the market relaying information on out of stocks, monitoring beer sell through and code dates, proper beer rotation on shelves and displays ensuring only fresh beer available for sale.
- Works with Area Sales Manager and Field Sales Support teams to brainstorm and build beer displays
- Maintains self-education on Stone distributed brands, Stone brands, and the craft beer industry
- Participates in sales strategies and goal planning for Stone and distributed brand beers.
- Participates at sales meeting, training sessions, shows and events at the customer and distributor level as it pertains to assigned industry segment.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with management and sales reps.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- B2B sales experience with strategic regional development and selling skills.
- Excellent Presentation & Communication Skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- This position requires a Class C license with a clean MVR.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Annual Salary: $55,000-$57,000
- Sales Bonus Plan: $10,000 annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Monthly free beer perks and discounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Computer and Business Skills development training
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Cicerone Beer Server Certification
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Stone Distributing is an equal employment opportunity employer. Stone Distributing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Stone Distributing Company
BusinessView all jobs at Stone Distributing Company
Get fresh Stone jobs daily straight to your inbox!