Driver - Stone Distributing Co.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Stone Distributing Co.
Stone Distributing (SDC) was founded in the spirit of craft camaraderie. When no distributor in the late 90s would accept Stone's hop-forward beers, the brewery self-distributed and brought along other specialty and craft brands as well. It is now among the largest independent distributors of craft-only beverages in the country. SDC became a standalone distributor, independent of Stone Brewing in 2022. The distributor is known for its investment in growing brands within a diverse portfolio including craft beer, hard kombucha, hard seltzers, hard coffee and more. SDC operates warehouses in San Marcos, CA and Downey, CA and services nearly all of Southern California. We've enjoyed an incredible 23 years of following our passion, and we are in search of people who are also passionate about pursuing their craft to join Stone Distributing.
The Driver position plays a critical role within Stone Distributing Company's transportation team. This role is responsible for driving a box truck over an established route to deliver beer and merchandise, render services, and collect money from customers.
- Accurately verifies, arranges, and safely secures load for designated deliveries at the start of each day and after each delivery.
- Safely drives box truck to deliver Stone and other specialty beer and/or products to the customer's place of business, i.e., grocery stores, restaurants, bars, liquor stores.
- Collects payments from customers, accurately records transactions on customer receipt, and securely deposits once returned to the depot.
- Picks up and records empty kegs or unsold merchandise per special instructions from the Transportation Supervisor.
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles to ensure trucks are kept clean and well maintained per maintenance instructions.
- Follows all road regulations and drives safely and courteously as a representative of Stone Brewing.
- At least 1-3 years of previous and relevant driving experience with trucks up to 24 feet in length
- Class C license with a clean MVR
- Strong work ethic, professional appearance, and safety consciousness
- Ability to handle up to 170lb kegs
- Basic math skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Pay Range: $19.00/hr. - $20.00/hr.
- Additional Pay: $2.00/hr. driver bonus incentive program
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Stone Distributing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Stone Distributing Co. seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Stone Distributing Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Stone Distributing Company
Get fresh Distributor Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.