Consultant, Audit & Accounting - Government and Public Sector (1332)
Location: Hartford, CT
The Stone Alliance Group is looking for a Consultant to work directly for their client.
- Audit Planning
- Supervise and perform walkthrough and risk assessment procedures, including preparation and monitoring of audit requests
- Complete planning materiality determinations using industry approved guidance and best practices
- Plan the nature, extent, and timing of audit procedure to be performed using a risk-based approach
- Make substantive and control sample selections using industry guidance and statistical sampling methodologies.
- Audit Fieldwork
- Supervise staff testing of less complex and low risk audit areas
- Perform initial review of staff work papers and results
- Perform testing of complex and/or high-risk audit areas
- Manage and monitor the status of audit requests
- Communicate issues and status to the engagement manager.
- Audit Reporting
- Draft notices of findings and recommendations to communicate initial audit results to the client
- Draft audit (and other) reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license – active CPA preferred, CPA candidate minimum requirement;
- 1 – 2 years of recent audit experience, government audit preferred
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARS. CAS, OMB A-123, OMB A-87, and OMB A-50 preferred
- PMP, CFE, CGFM, CGMA, and/or CISA certification(s) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Proficiency with CaseWare Electronic Working Papers and Checkpoint Tools for PPC or similar systems a plus
- Proficiency in IDEA preferred
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Local travel at times