Manager, Production Planning
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the management of the Production Planning operations at Stolle Centennial and day to day supervision of Planners. Responsible for coordinating the production schedule through the ERP System. Developing and overseeing planning processes. Provides support of the ERP system and process changes.
- Review, analyze, manage and schedule the release of assembly shop orders to production.
- Supervise and support daily activities of the Production Planners and Production Expeditors.
- After initial shop order release, manage, schedule and direct revisions to shop orders to coincide with production schedule changes.
- Manages with conjunction with Planners, new machine or assembly demands and ECOs to existing product structures.
- Generate and maintain Planning department reports. Develop reports when required.
- Hires, trains, mentors and coaches Planning team. Proving effective leadership.
- Continually documents and improves Planning processes, providing guidance on improving related processes.
- Assists in setting and executing goals, policies and procedures for the Planning department.
- Other activities and projects as assigned.
- 4-year degree in a related field with coursework in operations, quality management, materials management, systems analysis, industrial engineering or logistics desirable.
- Experience in a union manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years managing direct reports. Ability to build a strong, motivated, accountable, capable and empowered team.
- 5+ years direct experience in production planning, production scheduling, work center management and process flow with hands on experience in an ERP environment. IFS Applications experience highly desirable. CPIM accreditation a plus.
- Experienced in MRP, PMRP, Master Scheduling, SIOP processes.
- Lean Manufacturing experience desirable.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/prints/specifications, bills of material, product structures and routings.
- Building relationships within the business (within the department, with other departments and management).
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule generally consists of 45-50 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Work in both the office and the manufacturing floor.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Additionally, Stolle Machinery Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Stolle Machinery Company
ManufacturingView all jobs at Stolle Machinery Company
Get fresh Production Planning Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!