ESG and Sustainability Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
ESG and Sustainability Project Manager
Stok delivers high performance real estate in pursuit of our purpose: boldly catalyzing an environmentally restorative and socially equitable world. We are looking for an experienced consultant to join our Sustainability Consulting Team, managing and supporting Strategic ESG Programs for our commercial real estate clients. In addition, this consultant will have the opportunity to support building certification scopes including LEED, WELL, and Living Building Challenge on Stok's diverse real estate projects. As a consultant at Stok, you will make positive environmental impact on some of the most iconic buildings and work with some of the most forward-thinking companies in the world. Ideal candidates are responsive and sympathetic to the needs of clients and have a background in CSR/ESG, as well as sustainable design and green building. At Stok, you are not an employee – you are a team member, and we promise you will feel the difference.
AT STOK, WE SEEK CULTURE ADD, NOT CULTURE FIT. OUR VALUES-ALIGNED TEAM MEMBERS:
- Craft innovative ideas and have a say in how the company they work for operates. Stok believes that power and money do not belong in the same sentence and has built self-management and distributive governance into our organizational structure so that every Team Member has a platform to share input on policies and procedures.
- Strive for a better way to do business and create positive impact through their work. Stok believes in business as a force for good and is a certified B Corp, which demonstrates our commitment to maximizing social and environmental impacts, in addition to profit.
- Give back in a meaningful way. Stok gives 2% of all proceeds to the causes we believe in and supports local vendors and fellow B Corps wherever possible.
- Advocate for a level playing field. Stok cares about our people and has intentionally baked social justice into our operating practices, which we hold ourselves accountable to through our International Living Future Institute JUST Label.
- Support all aspects of ESG client engagements, including setting client goals, establishing project schedules, leading meetings, issuing regular project updates, and guiding the creation of deliverables
- Perform materiality assessments to identify impact areas of importance for a diverse array of clients in the real estate industry and outside of it
- Analyze sector, regional and economic factors that could impact a client's ESG strategy
- Support the creation and implementation of bespoke ESG programs which may include stakeholder engagement, reporting, resource conservation, resilience, carbon strategies, DEI, health and well-being, and other relevant ESG topics
- Conduct ESG research and analysis of current and pending regulations and industry trends/requirements
- Conduct ESG research and analysis of company policies, procedures, practices and performance
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration within client organizations to ensure buy-in
- Work collaboratively with Stok SMEs across the company to support client ESG goals and needs
- Assist in maintaining and reporting on the success of ESG programs
- Support the submission process to leading ESG frameworks and rating systems such as GRESB, SASB, UN SDGs, SBTis, CDP, and others
- Support management of building certification projects (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LBC) and associated research and project tasks
- Manage multiple projects at once in various stages
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships
- Set and manage project expectations
- Effectively deliver project scopes within budget allocated
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences to remained informed on industry trends
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, environmental science, engineering, energy, or related fields
- 2-3 years' experience working in the ESG consulting field, with a focus on the built environment and real estate preferred
- Experience work with the leading ESG frameworks and systems including GRESB, SASB, TCFD, UN SDG's, CDP, GRI, MCSI, UN PRI
- Experience contributing to Corporate CSR/ESG Reports
- Understanding of common ESG metrics, data collection methods, and tools
- Interest and experience in common and best practices covering environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and governance of environmental and social topics
- Strong research, writing, analytical, communications, organizational; project management and time management skills
- Experience with green building rating systems, including LEED (BD+C, ID+C, O+M), Fitwel, WELL, and Living Building Challenge preferred
- Ability to read and interpret design documents, including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Landscape, and Civil plan sets and specifications preferred
- Highly proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- An innate attention to detail
- A team player that gets the job done and sees no task as too small
- Thrives on building and managing relationships with clients as well as team members
- A passion for sustainability and climate action
- Strong organizational skills and program management skills – possesses the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
At Stok, we want you to bring your whole self to work, which is why we have created a total rewards package which allows you to do just that.
Family is important. You can't be your best self without knowing that your family is getting what they need to thrive, which is why Stok offers its Team Members:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for every Team Member. We also provide 100% paid medical coverage for your dependents.
- Paid parental leave, so you can focus on your family during one of the most important times in your life.
- Life and AD&D insurance, because we all like to get out there and have fun, but sometimes accidents happen, and you still need to provide for your family.
- Dog-friendly office, so your furry family members don't have to stay at home alone.
Autonomy is structured into Stok's culture by design. You want to work at stok because you are passionate about boldly catalyzing an environmentally restorative and socially equitable world, and you value self-management practices for how you show up for your role. That's why we offer:
- Flexible work schedules. Work + Life integration sometimes means you need a day to work in your PJs from home.
- Flexible Personal Time Off We provide a guaranteed 13 paid holidays and 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) but don't cap the amount time you can take off. We are all fellow travelers and know taking time for ourselves is healthy and fosters growth. We trust you to ensure expectations for your role are met, so take time off when you need it.
Social and Environmental Justice are critical to our mission, so we bake them into everything we do.
- The world's first fossil fuel-free and gun-free 401(k) plan so you can invest in a future you believe in.
- Paid volunteer time each year to give you time to give back to your community and the causes that matter most to you!
- Transparent, objective, merit-based compensation and profit distribution policies
- Up to 40 hours of paid Learning & Development volunteer time to support your personal and professional growth
- $750 annual professional development stipend
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Personal company credit card
- Annual National Park pass
COMPENSATION RANGE: $81,000 - $128,000
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Stok