Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ; SYBT), with company assets totaling just $3 billion. Founded in 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has evolved from a small bank serving the Louisville livestock industry to a nationally recognized bank known for exceptional service and financial performance. Our capabilities align well with those of national banks, but our focus has always been building a strong relationship with our customers while providing an engaging work environment for our employees. Stock Yards Bank & Trust employs over 600 people and has consistently received recognition for being one of the best places to work in Kentucky.
Since 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has become one of the region's premier community banks - renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguishes us from other financial institutions in our market. Our bank actively seeks individuals to help us build trusted partnerships and further our success. We are pleased to announce there is an opportunity for you to advance your achievements as a Trust Client Services Associate Sr. while helping us further our success.
As a Trust Client Services Associate Sr., your day will be filled with opportunities to provide assistance and direction to Trust Administrative, Investment Officers and customers with account relationships activities and business operations. Trust and banking/finance experience with strong communication skills is important while Stock Yards Bank & Trust will provide a professional environment to continually improve the candidate’s skills and to further his/her career goals for advancement within the banking profession.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide assistance and direction to Trust Administrative, Investment Officers and customers with account relationships activities and business operations.
- Routinely respond to trust and investment questions and have preliminary knowledge of trust, investment and estate planning concepts.
- Exercise independent judgment in regarding account matters, such as requests or questions, disbursement requests, determining appropriate documents needed; interpreting trust documents and disbursing funds within limits of certain types of trusts.
- Anticipate customer and officer needs in all situations; proactively identify problem areas for improvement.
- Communicate directly with customers, internal and external, either verbally or in writing.
- Anticipate client and officer needs in all situations, proactively identify problem areas, research problems and resolve issues.
- Participate in client reviews.
- Maintain accounts from set up to closing, appropriately alerting officer of important changes and/or issues.
- Draft client communications using knowledge and experience to determine appropriate response.
- Prepare customer presentations for existing clients based upon portfolio type.
- Assist with required client annual reviews and clearing exceptions on accounts.
- Maintain services standard activities, COI activities, and other required calling activities.
- Provide office coverage and support in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of work experience in a trust department or related field
- Proficient computer application skills in word processing and spreadsheets (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn trust system
- Knowledge of investment, fiduciary, and estate planning concepts
- Independent decision making ability within limits set by the Wealth Management & Trust Department
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of personnel and clients
- Strong grammar, spelling and business writing skills
- Ability to generate positive client relationships
- Ability to prioritize and organize heavy volumes of work
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented
- Professional appearance and demeanor