Stock Yards Bank and Trust Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ; SYBT), with company assets totaling just over $3 billion. Founded in 1904, Stock Yards Bank has evolved from a small bank serving the Louisville livestock industry to a nationally recognized bank known for exceptional service and financial performance. Our capabilities align well with those of national banks, but our focus has always been building a strong relationship with our customers while providing an engaging work environment for our employees. Stock Yards Bank employs over 600 people and has consistently received recognition for being one of the best places to work in Kentucky.
Since 1904, Stock Yards Bank has become one of the region's premier community banks - renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguishes us from other financial institutions in our market. Our bank actively seeks individuals to help us build trusted partnerships and further our success. We are pleased to announce there is an opportunity for you to advance your achievements as a Mortgage Loan Officer while helping us further our success.
As a Mortgage Loan Officer, your day will be filled with opportunities to generate loan volume through sales efforts with builders, realtors, and other contacts. Experience in FHA, VA, and conventional lending is essential to function successfully in this position while knowledge of basic underwriting guidelines is preferred. Good communication skills are important to better serve our customers as you work closely with all parties involved to maximize loan sales.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contact individuals, realtors and builders, attend chamber and other civic meetings to expand network contacts to generate sales
- Engage in marketing and promotional activities, such as giving presentations to groups, in an effort to generate sales
- Consult with customer to compile loan application in order to meet compliance guidelines while negotiating terms and conditions
- Collect, compile and analyze information for acceptability for approval for investor’s loan product
- Communicate with clients and potential clients, answering questions and providing information, acting as the primary point of contact from sale to closing
- Follow up closely with processor to ensure loans are closed timely
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of FHA, VA, and conventional loan rules, regulations and guidelines through a combination of educational classes, correspondence courses, on the job training and investor web sites
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school/GED education
- College degree preferred
- Outside sales experience with FHA, VA, and conventional lending
- Employees are expected to represent Stock Yards Bank & Trust in a professional manner to customers and outside contacts.
- Employees must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, consisting of the ability to write and speak effectively to others. Employees must be a productive team player, with the ability to learn, apply training and comprehend policies and procedures. Employees should also be flexible to changing working situations and able to meet deadlines as they arise.
- PC Literacy with 35 WPM typing skills
- Knowledge of basic underwriting guidelines preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent sales and negotiating skills, and assertiveness
- Ability to perform in high pressure situations