Stock Manufacturing – Mechanical Designer Position - Cleves, OH
Do you love a challenge?
Are you energized by a fast paced, ever changing work environment?
Do you love tackling problems by working with a team of internal and external customers to create real world solutions?
Do you enjoy seeing your solutions “come to life” in the advancement of the world around you?
If you are a yes to all four of these questions, you should continue reading!
If not, this isn’t for you!
Stock Manufacturing is a growing company with a goal of increasing their revenue by 30% over the next three years. The Engineering team is a vital part of the manufacturing process at Stock and as a mechanical designer you would be a key contributor on this team. Within the role, you would take conceptual drawings from key integrators in the material handling market and turn them into manufacturable 3D models. The end product will be installed and used daily in various Amazon, UPS, FedEx & other package handling facilities throughout North America.
What is needed from you in this role?
- You embrace and live the core values of the Engineering Team- Assuming positive intent, Being growth minded, Being solution oriented, Demonstrating a high level of integrity, Focusing on the needs of the team.
- You think outside the box and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You tackle challenges head on, and you strive to build optimal solutions for your customers.
- You want to be part of a growing/evolving company.
What is needed on a typical day?
- You utilize 3D software to translate customer data into accurate models and fulfill customer needs in an efficient manner.
- You work with the Estimating team to understand what is quoted and needed for our customers.
- You interpret blueprints, follow standard procedures, and maintain document control within an Electronic File Management system.
- You understand the capabilities and limitations of manufacturing and stress tolerances.
- You possess critical thinking skills and can problem solve.
What is needed to thrive in the role?
- You must be fluent with 3D modeling software, preferably Solid Edge.
- You must have a technical bachelors or associates degree, preferably in an engineering discipline.
- You must be able to effectively manage your time, be adaptable, and be dependable.
- You must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You must be able to work within a team environment.
How do we position you for success?
- The Engineering Team is in an open office environment and cross training is prioritized to ensure team members are learning and developing their skillset on a regular basis.
- Stock management and ownership has an open-door policy and are involved at all levels of the business which allows for direct communication regardless of function or skillset.
- The Engineering Team has daily huddles with management to collaboratively talk through issues, reward positive events, and support each other as they work through key projects.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary, 401K with company match, plus a full package of employee and family benefits.
- One of the key benefits of this role is an unlimited paid time off policy which promotes a healthy work/life balance.
- This position would put you in the middle of the action in the material handling industry. This industry is growing at a rapid rate and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.
- Stock is a small, family owned company, which allows us to make decisions and react to needs quickly. You will not be slowed or hindered by corporate bureaucracy.
Apply today and become a key part of the next generation of material handling!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.
As a Full Service Partner, our goal is to offer the most technologically advanced manufacturing services in the industry.
Located in the heart of the midwest, we service a wide variety of industries at every level of business. We specialize in Contract Manufacturing, Machining, Paint, Value Added Engineering, Product Managment, Supply Chain Management, and Product Assembly. Let our experience go to work for your business today!
Stock Manufacturing and Design Co., Inc.Welcome to Stock Manufacturing & Design Co., Inc. (SMD) est. 1974 As a Full Service Partner, our goal is to offer the most technologically advanced manufacturing services in the industry. Located in the heart of the midwest, we service a wide variety of industries at every level of business. We specialize in Contract Manufacturing, Machining, Paint, Value Added Engineering, Product Managment, Supply Chain Management, and Product Assembly. Let our experience go to work for your business today!