We have an excellent opportunity for a part time temporary Customer Service Representative for a bank in Itasca, IL. This position will last most likely through January of 2020. Our banking client is making changes to their online banking tools, and is in need of extra assistance during the rollout, to assist customers with questions that they may have. Ideal candidate will have worked for a Financial Institution in their call center, helping customers with online banking or credit cards.
The Call Center Representative will handle all customer calls that come into the bank needing service on their deposit accounts and services. CCR’s perform account support for both business and personal clients. The CCR’s primary responsibilities include account maintenance, reconciling and researching accounts, debit card maintenance and electronic banking support. In addition the CCR is responsible for recognizing customer needs and cross-selling products and services that align with their client’s financial goals.
- Listen effectively to customers’ requests and promptly take the necessary action to assist them.
- Manage customer accounts utilizing card services and online banking applications.
- Balances speed and accuracy when processing customer requests while utilizing the internal banking network.
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services for cross-selling.
- Exhibits strong customer service skills, presents products and services while proactively educating clients on utilizing bank applications.
- Escalates issues immediately and takes necessary steps to prevent and/or minimize loss to the bank.
- Takes the initiative to follow-up, escalate or seek additional resources to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accepts coaching, implements feedback from reviews to improve job performance.
- Adapts to concepts and procedures, notifying management when additional training is needed on product and service knowledge.
- Communication Proficiency
- Listening Skills
- Computer Skills
- Work confidentially
- Attention to detail
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Must be available to work Monday, Thursday and Friday, and some Saturdays. Other days are flexible. Available hours are Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of banking experience required
- 1-2 years of call center experience required
- Previous credit card customer support a plus.
- High School education or equivalent
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to cross-sell products
- Business Professional dress daily.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.