About Our Organization:
We co-create and supply our partners with hot-cooked products including sauces, cheese sauces, soups, chilis and marinades. Our cold-processed products include dressings, sauces, spreads and batters. And we have a world-class facility dedicated to producing fresh salsas.
We are a fast-growing food organization with 4 production facilities in So Cal and will be expanding to the East Coast.
The HR Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for supporting all areas of Human Resources practices and objectives with a concentration on employee relations and recruiting. This role will help build employee morale through employee engagement and events. The HR Specialist will work on various functions of employee relations such as: trainings, creating and publishing the corporate newsletter, monitoring social media accounts, payroll administration, timekeeping, recruiting and maintaining production floor staff and upkeep employee files on HRIS system.
- Solid knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with Windows and HRIS systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for recruiting employees from all productions areas across the company
- Will act as the main contact between agencies and hiring managers to keep positions filled
- Responsible for conducting new hire orientation to ensure employees gain an understanding of policies, benefits and the philosophy of the company
- Maintaining of employee files; both paper and in the HRIS system
- Assist employees and managers with time keeping on HRIS system
- Payroll processing and administration for all locations
- Create and publish quarterly Corporate Newsletter
- Monitor and update Corporate Social Media accounts with company events and job postings
- Together with the HR Department, coordinate and plan company and employee events
- Coordinate trainings and sessions pertaining to benefits programs and implementations including health and 401k
- Influence an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility.
- Assist employees with issues related to policies, protocol, procedures, benefits, and programs.
- Performs other duties as needed
- the employee will occasionally Stand; Walk; Reach with hands and arms; the employee is to regularly sit; will use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Talk or hear;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Ability to adjust focus;
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although traveling to and from the several company facilities will be required from time to time to assist HR team.
Education and Experience;
Years of Experience
- 1-2 years of Human Resource experience
- Previous experience working in a Food Manufacturing field-based role
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field
- Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read and write)