About Our Organization:
We co-create and supply our partners with hot-cooked products including sauces, cheese sauces, soups, chilis and marinades. Our cold-processed products include dressings, sauces, spreads and batters. And we have a world-class facility dedicated to producing fresh salsas.
We are a fast-growing food organization with 4 production facilities in So Cal and will be expanding to the East Coast.
The HR Generalist reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for coordinating human resources functions of the Company with the goal of creating a culture and environment that leads to excellent performance in the food manufacturing industry. This position will be responsible for the integration of human resource programs, oversee multiple projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Among the duties to streamline will be employee relations, training and development, hiring, performance management, compliance, payroll processing and reporting.
- Solid knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with Windows and HRIS systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Responsible for conducting new hire training and orientation to ensure employees gain an understanding of policies, benefits and the philosophy of the company
- Administration of benefits programs and implementations including health and 401k
- Act as liaison between employee and insurance provider, resolve benefit related problems and manage annual open enrolment for health plans.
- Work with the HR Director in training and development areas and other projects as determined by the company
- Responsible for workers compensations forms and records
- Assist in Food Safety Programs, administer Good Manufacturing Practice training and testing
- Influence an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs, and spending significant time interfacing directly with employees.
- Assists to investigate, document and resolve common employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective findings, as necessary. Interviews complainant and witnesses as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries related to policies, protocol, procedures, benefits, and programs.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Ability to adjust focus;
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although traveling to and from the several company facilities will be required from time to time to assist HR team.
Education and Experience;
Years of Experience
- 3-5 years of Human Resource experience
- Previous experience working in a Food Manufacturing field-based role
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field; HR Certification a plus
- Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read and write)