Project Engineer (Bridge/Structural Steel Fabrication)
Stinger Bridge & Iron, an AISC certified structural steel fabricator and PCI certified precast concrete girder fabricator and erection contractor. Stinger focuses primarily on the Southwestern Bridge and Highway market, specializing in bridge projects. Stinger fabricates in its Coolidge, Arizona facility located south of the Phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert area and erects work in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. For additional information about our company visit our website at
The Project Engineer will be responsible for technical and administrative support to the project team in performing the project and will share areas of overall responsibilities with the Project Manager, Superintendents and Construction Administrator. The Project Engineer must be willing to travel to remote project sites; this position requires travel. We offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Supervise and provide training for field crews.
- Sets up and maintains standard project files, general correspondence, subcontractor's agreements.
- Distributes correspondence and coordinates project payables and receivables with accounting department and maintain and other accounts.
- Assists with project closeout.
- Comply with procedures as outlined in the construction manual.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationship with owners, subcontractors, and crews.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in managing project schedules.
- Assist in preparation of change order requests and change orders, maintain change order documents, files, logs.
- Equipment time tracking.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the contract documents, plants, specs, subcontracts.
- Expedite submittals and maintain status file.
- Maintain field logs and quantity tracking for work performed.
- Track RFI, Change order, addenda, clarification or correspondence.
- Implement job closeout procedures as directed by Project Manager.
- Perform technical and administration duties as directed by the PM to facilitate the project.
- Accurate coding of costs and prepare monthly progress payment request.
- Fully understand the scope of the subcontractors.
- Attend and document project meetings.
- Provide the PM with support and accurate information to maximize the project management effectiveness.
- Strenuous walking and required to wear protective personal protective equipment
- Able to work in hot or cold outdoor temperatures and job site conditions
- A related degree is a plus, 1-2 years (or related) highway construction experience preferred.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Valid driver's license and have a clean motor-vehicle record to meet company insurance guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of construction methods.
- Good understanding of highway construction, blue print reading, and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity.
Stinger Bridge & Iron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please contact HR to request an accommodation. This is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not to inquire about the status of your application.
Stinger Bridge & IronChandler, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.