FABRICATOR / WELDER NEEDED! Must Read BLUEPRINTS! Must MIG Weld!
GMAW & FCAW, Mild (80%) & Stainless (20%) Steel, 18 gauge to ½ inch, all positions.
StingRay Manufacturing is seeking several FABRICATOR / WELDER craftsmen to become an integral part of our team manufacturing high-quality industrial parts washing machinery. Each washer is built-to-order as an individual project rather than on a production line. You will be involved in all phases of the production process from start to finish. Awesome job if you like variety. If you want to succeed, to solve problems, to take pride in your craftsmanship, and to be promoted quickly for your intelligence, StingRay is the place. There are few opportunities like this!
- Fabricate industrial aqueous parts washers, all phases
- Work from sketches/drawings/verbal instructions to produce parts from sheet metal
- Assemble equipment from fabricated and purchased parts, including weldments
- Install various equipment and components.
- Set-up / operate saws, shear, drills, mills, presses, lathes, press brake, punches, and ironworker
- Measure and cut materials, paint prep
- Conduct weld quality tests to evaluate water tightness.
- General repair and maintenance of shop equipment
- Produce HIGH QUALITY parts with low rejection rate
- Be a team player and contributor in shop
- Show mutual respect for coworkers
- Show up to work every day and on time
- Other duties as assigned by Direct Manager
- Occasional overtime required when necessary
- Ensure tasks are executed in the most effective manner in regard to time, cost and function
- Show top notch craftsmanship in all aspects of job
- Strive for ongoing self-improvement through additional training
- Very organized & efficient in getting the “important” objectives done as opposed to the “urgent” tasks
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and develop finished product from these plans
- Relevant fabrication shop experience, preferably building custom industrial machines
- Team player, able to take direction and learn under company mentors
- Positive attitude, able to handle tense situations that may arise
- Energetic, ambitious, optimistic, hard working, and good work ethics
- Strong technical aptitude and good communication skills
- Own hand tools to perform fabrication tasks, PPE including steel toes
- High School Graduate or GED
- Willing to work a 2nd shift position
Ideal Fabricator / Welder has superior skills with:
- Applied shop mathematics
- Metal fabrication techniques and hand tools
- Most welding processes applied to the welding/fabricating trades
- Learning new weld processes with little training
- Producing from complex prints with essentially no supervision
- Completing large complex projects
- Studying the blue print and “seeing” the completed product before starting
- Anticipating the “cause and effect” of each action during fabrication
- Acute awareness of dimensions and tolerances
- Attaining certifications
- Producing high quality in high speed
- Confidently answering fabrication / weld questions asked by less experienced workers
Picture yourself collaborating with energetic, ambitious, optimistic, dedicated, and intelligent team members focused on meeting customers’ expectations for custom, heavy-duty industrial parts washers using patented aqueous cleaning technology.
StingRay Parts Washers works with customers in aerospace, military, mining, railroad, and trucking industries, beginning with analyzing the customer’s cleaning needs and configuring a machine to meet those needs. With 26 base models, 105 engineered options, and a multitude of size variations, each machine is customized to a special project.
StingRay Manufacturing engineers and builds parts washers to precise specifications for maximum effectiveness and efficiency, water and energy conservation, and long-term durability and reliability. StingRay Tech Services provides replacement parts, upgrades, retrofits, chemicals, training, and onsite servicing for thousands of StingRay machines on 7 continents.
StingRay is a unique, successful, and growing company (50 employees) that does everything from the ground up, including engineering, fabrication, quality control, shipping, selling, and servicing. Self-starters, leaders, type-A’s driven to advance their career, and challenge-seekers thrive at StingRay. Due to our size, employees quickly learn the responsibilities normally associated with whole departments in large corporations.
Every StingRay employee takes pride in the washers and the quality of their work. To produce such high quality, we begin with a clean, well-lighted environment, appropriate tools and equipment, high-grade materials and components, and skilled employees.
StingRay meets or exceeds safety standards and maintains an alcohol and drug free work environment. Benefits include paid holidays and vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision, and other insurance plans; 401K; and uniform and boot allowance. Many positions have paid on-the-job training and over-time available. EOE. Please send your resume today.