Jacksonville, FL or Omaha, NE
Join our hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebrated and valued.
Why Stillwater? We’re a national insurance provider that offers a full suite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respected insurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with our employees.
Stillwater is looking for a Subrogation Specialist who will work from or report to our Jacksonville, FL or Omaha, NE office locations. The role will have the autonomy to pursue subrogation opportunities on behalf of our company and manage our subrogation vendors and attorneys.
The right candidate will be hyper organized and able to effectively handle complex claims involving material damage, property and or liability lines of insurance written by Stillwater Insurance Company in compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
· Pursue subrogation recovery in one or more jurisdictions from other carriers, tortfeasors, and other parties on property claims.
· Handle claims in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
· Effectively manage our Subrogation TPA
· Review claim files to evaluate recovery potential and take appropriate action in support of recovery strategy.
· Prepare and submit demands to appropriate parties.
· Refer cases to outside recovery agencies and attorneys when necessary.
· Correspond and negotiate within settlement authority with third parties and other carriers.
· Communicate with internal and external partners, including but not limited to member insured, claimants, attorneys, service providers, recovery agencies, governmental entities and other carriers.
· May initiate arbitration or oversee files in arbitration and litigation.
· 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have an active All Lines Adjuster license (or ability to obtain).
· Prior claims adjusting experience. Experience with first and third party investigation required. Litigation and/or subrogation experience preferred.
· Full understanding of subrogation recovery claim investigations and claims processing.
· Proficiency with computer operation and web based applications, Microsoft Office proficiency.
· Possesses a good understanding and negotiation skills with comparative negligence situations.
· Strong organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills and strong negotiation skills.
· Able to work in a fast pace environment.
· Preferably experienced in paperless environment.
· Self-Motivated and goal oriented individual.
· Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your family protected.
· 401(k) Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
· Gym/Fitness Center either on site (Omaha) or reimbursement (Jacksonville) to support your commitment to staying healthy.
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain your work/life balance.
Apply today to start your journey of being celebrated and valued with Stillwater Insurance Group.
Offer for employment is contingent upon the favorable responses from both a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidate apply on-line or may send resume to: Career.Opportunities@Stillwater.com.