Still Waters Home Health is seeking a full time certified nursing assistant to join our team to serve patients in the Memphis/ Shelby county area. The tasks to be performed will include but not limited to activities of daily living and basic nursing care procedures and observes patient/client rights while in their home. Provides light housekeeping, and support activities delegated by a Registered Nurse or Therapist.
- Helps patient/participant retrain in self-help skills. Promotes independent behaviors in ADL’s
- Appropriately bathes patients/clients who may be confined to bed and who are ambulatory.
- Assists with dressing and undressing as needed.
- Assists in care of mouth, teeth, hair, nails, and skin giving special attention to pressure points.
- Appropriately assists patients/clients with ambulation and ROM as may pertain to use of bathroom and/or bedside commode.
- Cues patients/participants regarding medication administration.
- Provides assistance with activities that are directly supportive of skilled therapy and nursing services, but do not require the skills of a therapist or nurse to be safely and effectively performed.
- Obtains and documents vital signs as directed
- Follows care plans/documentation: performs activity as ordered.
- Legibly documents hygiene activity and safety parameters as indicated on the Home Health Aide assignment sheet.
- Reports any changes related to physical, emotional, or behavioral status observed in condition of patient.
- Utilizes appropriate infection control practices and other safety guidelines as assigned.
- CNA required and maintained:
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance and personal reliable transportation a must
- CPR certified required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and community leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and as a team
- Ability to demonstrate a passion to succeed be self motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with computers/tablets is required.