The IT Project Manager requires project management and business analysis skills with the ability coordinate and successfully execute multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Develop and execute test plan focused on functional & data quality testing as well as all other methods of testing (stress, volume, etc.)
- Work with front office to develop and execute user acceptance test plan including assisting with complete documentation and result archiving
- Develop and manage deployment plans
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, coordinate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and track project timelines and milestones
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 20%.
- Position requires hand-on project management and the resource must be able to execute the entire project lifecycle from concept to deployment .
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in either retail or broker dealer environment with knowledge in the areas of Sales and Trading, middle office, and back office operations.
- Exposure in Equity and Fixed Income products along with investment products such as mutual funds, annuities and IRAs.
- Experience in full service sell side broker deal environment with focus on Research, Equity Sales/Trading and Fixed Income.
- Experience in full service Investment Bank.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum Required: 3-5 year’s direct work experience in a project management and business analysis capacity including all aspects of process development and execution; Experience in producing analysis documents and testing development of test plans.
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Basic SQL Data Set Analysis experience.
- Experience in front office OMS & EMS platforms, and middle and back office technology.