We are seeking Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) to join our team! We have full and part time positions open throughout New Hampshire and southern Maine. You will provide emergency and non-emergency ambulance transportation, assess injuries and administer emergency medical care.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) functions as a primary care provider in the pre-hospital setting. An EMT assesses and stabilizes patients utilizing Basic Life Support (BLS) skills and responds to emergent and non-emergent calls as directed by the Communications Center. In this position, the EMT provides safe, time- bound transportation for patients to the appropriate, designated hospital, care-facility or residence. The EMT will communicate with licensed and ancillary medical professionals in verbal and written format. The EMT will be required to drive and work in all traffic and weather conditions to serve the needs of their patients. The duties of the position include: the provision of clinically excellent patient care within the scope of training for which the EMT is employed, the completion of required documentation, the inspection of equipment required for safe patient movement, and the performance of minor vehicle maintenance tasks.
- Transport injured or sick individuals to medical facilities
- Determine the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish first aid procedures
- Administer prescribed first-aid treatment at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher
- Communicate with medical personnel at emergency treatment facilities
- Previous experience as an EMT, paramedic, or in other related fields
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR procedures
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to provide clinically excellent patient care