We are seeking an experienced person with outstanding optical sales abilities for a busy eye surgeon in Bayside, Queens.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING GENEROUS COMMISSIONS!
1) Please respond to this email by describing yourself and your experience. Also give your hours and days of availability.
2) State if you are interested in part time or full time work.
3) Must live in Queens, Nassau, Suffolk, or The Bronx. State if you drive and have a car available for travelling to work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Optical Sales
2) Patient coordination for efficient patient flow in the office
3) Back up coverage for our ophthalmic techs when needed including visual field testing, OCT, OPTOMAP, patient history and screening, auto-refraction, entering exam data into computer, etc. We teach you how to perform these activities if you haven't previously done it.
4) Back up coverage for our front desk including greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering phones, collecting fees, validating insurance coverage, etc.
5) General office duties -- correspondence, public relations, etc.
Necessary requirements (READ CAREFULLY):
-1+ years optical sales or optician experience
-Previous experience in ophthalmology or optometry is a strong plus
-Outgoing, well-spoken, organized, detail-oriented, punctual and self-motivated
-Warm, friendly individual who enjoys personal interaction
-Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly
-Strong people skills -- good customer service
-Excellent math, writing and typing skills
-Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a strong plus but not required.