Experienced Medical Assistant needed for Pain Management Department.
• Works in conjunction with the Nurse Practitioner and Physician in the assessment of patients.
• Provides primary functions of a Medical Assistant working in a Physician's office.
• Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient's sense of dignity and positive self regard.
• Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
• Working with the Nurse Practitioner and Physician utilizes knowledge and judgment in patient assessment and reporting subjective and objective data in conjunction with obtaining an accurate history, list of current medications, and obtaining vital signs.
• Maintains patient records and other information according to established office policies and procedures.
• Prepares patient for examination and treatment, assists in special procedures and functions as a chaperone as requested.
• Promotes learning for colleagues and self.
• Proactively identifies risk to patients safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors, (ie: appropriate reporting of errors/incidents.)
• Identifies ethical issues in care and reports them to Physician.
• Reports abnormal findings to Nurse Practitioner and Physician.
• Demonstrates judicious and conscientious use of medical supplies.
• Triages telephone calls according to established protocol.
• Requests, schedules, or completes diagnostic tests ordered by the Nurse Practitioner and Physician. Completes necessary forms and explains testing procedures to patients.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program. Demonstrated clinical competence in medical office setting. BLS required through the American Heart Association.